Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to install latest nt on win xp

Hello there,

I am using an iMac (core i7 16GB 1TB 2GB amd ). I installed windows xp using parallels and then NT7 and all was fine until the last 2 months or so when i was forced to upgrade to some NT7 version.

Post installation, the license could not be verified due to firewall or 3 of the licensing servers at NT, not working...well at least thats what i was made to understand via the warning from nt.

The firewall was allowing access to NT.

So i gave it a couple of tries to no luck however, i was able to make it work by deleting the config.xml files...a boring process for each day.

Finally, I installed the win7 ultimate via the same application (parallels) therefore, having 2 windows environment.

Installation of NT went smooth and there were no licensing issues either.

Now this may sound funny...but the damn cooling fan of the iMac turns on whenever I am running win7 but never on win xp (which is running Tradestation btw) and Steve jobs and me don't like it at all.

So my question is IS THERE A WAY TO INSTALL THE NT7 ON XP, W/O THOSE LICENSING ERRORS, AS LISTED ABOVE.

Regards

Hello palshq70,

Thank you for writing in.

Microsoft has dropped support for Windows XP and Server 2003 resulting in updated certificates not being supplied. NinjaTrader is dropping support for these operating system and it is recommended to upgrade to a supported operating system.

See the link below for more details. http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=83885

There is a temporary manual install of security certifications available for those of you who will not have immediate access to an updated operating system.

You will need to download the zip file from the link below and extract it to your Desktop.

First, install the three .crt files. To install these files, double-left click and choose "install certificate", follow the prompts to continue, then close the install window once completed -
    • gd_bundle-g2.crt
    • gdig2,crt
    • gdroot-g2.crt

Next, install the three .crl files. To install these file, right-click on the file and select "Install CRL". NOTE: some of these may take up to a minute to install, You will always receive a confirmation box when the installation is complete -
    • gdroot2-g2.crl
    • mastergodaddy2issuing.crl
    • mastergodaddyextendedissuing.crl

After these steps the license should verify
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG View Post
      Hello palshq70,

Thank you for writing in.

Microsoft has dropped support for Windows XP and Server 2003 resulting in updated certificates not being supplied. NinjaTrader is dropping support for these operating system and it is recommended to upgrade to a supported operating system.

See the link below for more details. http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=83885

There is a temporary manual install of security certifications available for those of you who will not have immediate access to an updated operating system.

You will need to download the zip file from the link below and extract it to your Desktop.

First, install the three .crt files. To install these files, double-left click and choose "install certificate", follow the prompts to continue, then close the install window once completed -
      • gd_bundle-g2.crt
      • gdig2,crt
      • gdroot-g2.crt

Next, install the three .crl files. To install these file, right-click on the file and select "Install CRL". NOTE: some of these may take up to a minute to install, You will always receive a confirmation box when the installation is complete -
      • gdroot2-g2.crl
      • mastergodaddy2issuing.crl
      • mastergodaddyextendedissuing.crl

After these steps the license should verify
      Hi as you were writing, I was installing the solution

I think it will work

Thanks, as always for all your help today...you may close this thread

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM