Placing Limit Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placing Limit Orders

When I place a Limit Order in Ninja ver 8, it always puts up a confirm line first where I have to adjust the quantity first, then approve with the check box or cancel with the X box. Comparatively, Market Orders are entered immediately at the quantity set in the Chart Trader. If I have my strategy set to 5 contracts and I attempt to set a limit order, the confirm line resets it at 1 contract so that I have to adjust the quantity, then approve. This is annoying as heck. Since I trade break out moves to scalp, these moves can happen very quickly and there is rarely time to make an adjustment to the quantity and/or confirm. I have looked at the chart properties for a 1 click setting but I did not see one. Can I set this up some where?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Dolfan

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Are you referring to when submitting Stop Limit Orders? If so the window that populates when submitting a Stop Limit Order is where you can adjust your offset as opposed to the quantity. The offset value is the amount of Ticks you are willing to be filled beyond your Limit price.

For example if you submit a Buy Stop Limit on the ES at 1900.00 with a 2 Tick Offset at the worst case scenario you are willing to be filled 2 Ticks beyond your Limit price at 1900.50.

You can set a specific offset to be used every time with the steps I have provided below to eliminate this step:
    • Right click in the Chart Trader panel
    • Properties
    • Enable "Predefined stop limit offset
    • Input a value for "Predefined stop limit offset value
    • Click Ok
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, that seems to have fixed it.

Best regards,

Dolfan

Comment

Latest Posts