IB Connection issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Connection issues

I seem to be having a problem with IB and NT in that it can take 10-15 minutes to bring up a 1 min chart 3 days back. In addition, I made a trade on the Russell e-minis using chart trader and when I went to move my stops up to break even, NT locked up and had to be restarted, by that time the trade had gone the other way unfortunately and the stop move had not been issued apparently. Are there any settings that I can change to smooth out the connection? I don't have these problems when using my eSignal feed.

Historical data loading at IB can be slow --> Nothing we can do here.

What do you mean locked up? You could not access any NT menus meaning it was completely unresponsive?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, the stop bar moved about halfway toward where I wanted to place it and froze as well as the chart itself and I had to close NT entirely.

Comment

Can you please send us your logs/trace files via NT menu Help > Mail To Support. Please reference this post and include "For Ray" in subject.

Comment

On its way. I also started having a problem where lines can only be drawn on the left side of a chart no matter where the mouse is. I noticed another post on this problem from another user.

Comment

Thanks.

Please be specific on the drawing issue. Maybe you have "Snap to OHLC" enabled?

Comment

No snap.

Its seems to work fine if I don't shift the chart. If I grab and move the chart to the left in order to give myself some whitespace on the right side, the lines will draw to the far left of the screen. Sent you a screenshot

Comment

One other thing about the lines. It only does that on the YM instrument. THe ER2 works normally. Very odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainless2000 View Post
                  I seem to be having a problem with IB and NT in that it can take 10-15 minutes to bring up a 1 min chart 3 days back. In addition, I made a trade on the Russell e-minis using chart trader and when I went to move my stops up to break even, NT locked up and had to be restarted, by that time the trade had gone the other way unfortunately and the stop move had not been issued apparently. Are there any settings that I can change to smooth out the connection? I don't have these problems when using my eSignal feed.
                  What was the date and time of the lock up issue.

Thanks

Comment

About the lines mentioned

The trendlines thing can be reproduced if you are having problem with your IB historical data for a chart and you end up aborting (which I have to do everytime). If you abort your trendlines won't drwan in the correct position. I verified this by connecting to eSignal where I do not have the data problem and the trendlines drwa normally.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post alifarahani  
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH