Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystic phenomena in Continuum datafeed

Hello traders,

in this thread I am giving you a short movie and 3 screenshots from its for showing, what is scary in this market data feed from Continuum for me. The instrument is Crude Oil, CL, and this scary movements I had seen at least at 28. of April 2016. This video now are from today, the 12. of March 2016.

Please: I know, what spread expansions are. And that, what you can watching here are not typical spread expansions. In this short video you can see, that in one case the bid-line is jumping (second 21), in another situation the ask-line is jumping (second 43) and in a third case both are jumping together (second 26).

This is not a price moving. Its a very fast jump and back for a reason.

I want to know, REALLY TO KNOW - EXACTLY, what the holy grail that is. Its Continuum? Its an algorithm, that f***s the traders special in crude oil? Or its an cable problem, that is only in special times doing crazy things? Can I trust Continuum fully? Do I get my money back from Ninjatraderbrokerage in case of filling by this strange irregular movements (losts or stopping out more than 60 ticks) AGAINST me?

Best regards,
    Rainbowtrader
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rainbowtrader; 05-13-2016, 01:28 AM.

Do you see the same thing in the super dom?

Comment

Hello Rainbowtrader,
      Thanks for your post.
      Please complete sledge's test as this will verify if this is a data issue or custom script issue.
      As far as compensation, your orders would be at the broker/exchange and fill per market conditions. Bad ticks of data would not result in fill where the market never reached.
      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello traders!

@Super DOM: I dont know, because I dont use the Super DOM, but for that I see the problem, that jumps from 30 oder 60 or more ticks I cant see on its, because I am having not the Super DOM data for its. If I remember right, then the next 5 or maximum 10 rows over and unter the actually price. 5 rows, if I remember. (sorry, now no testing possible, I am traveling).

@Bad ticks: if this has no effect for real data feed, then its not a catastrophe. But: waht it is, that I want to know and I want to stop its. And really: I had only seen in Crude Oil and only to this special time frames at 28.04.2016 and 12.05.2016. No other instrument are id this - or I had not seen.

BUT: I did a test with the sim account: the order from my atm strategy (in this case the target) from my sim account were filled by this jumps. So this crazy bad oscillations are working, are triggering orders. 2 trades in sim account yesterday showed this effect after the work with my real account.

So what now?

Best regards,
        Rainbowtrader

Comment

Hello Rainbowtrader,
          Thanks for your reply.
          You can email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a link to this forum topic, your number, and requesting a call so we can verify your data and look into resolving. We may need to repair the install and repair the instruments/database.
          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brandon,

okay, I did so, I am waiting for the request for the call.
            Thanks lot!

Best regards,

Rainbowtrader

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by FishTrade, 05-13-2024, 11:11 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post FishTrade  
            Started by Graci117, Yesterday, 09:02 PM