Connected to TWS,but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connected to TWS,but...

Hello, I just leased the NT7 platform and bought Kinetick for NASDAQ Level 1 because I trade only the QQQ. My broker is Interactive Brokers and I followed the steps connecting first to Kinetick and after to the IB TWS Paper Trading account, as instructed on the NT website. When I click to connect to the TWS platform, it appears a message on TWS asking if I accept the connection request. I click YES and it did connect.

The only thing is that when I sold 100 shares on the NT7 platform and checked to see if the position appeared on TWS,it didn´t show any changes.... I redid all the steps to connect NT to IB twice and nothing is wrong. What am I missing here?
    Last edited by NeoTrader86; 04-25-2016, 09:19 AM.

Hello NeoTrader86,

What account did you have selected when you placed the order?

Orders to the Sim101 account will not be visible in TWS as the Sim101 account is simulated within NinjaTrader only
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I connected to my paper trading account with IB... I wanted to see how it appears on TWS when I enter a position on NT simulated,before I do it live... Is there a way to do this?

Comment

Hello NeoTrader86,

To be able to select your live account please ensure the following.

You must have a live license key and it must be entered under Help> License Key.
        Next connect to your broker by going to File> Connect and select your broker account.
        Last ensure Global Simulation Mode is not checked under the Control Center> File.
        Now you should be able to select your live account in any account drop down menu.

Below I have provided a link to the Global Simulation Mode section of our help guide.

To trade an account outside of NinjaTrader you will need a live license key

Get started with our free plan to trade with discounted commissions or choose a plan upgrade to further reduce commissions on your trades.

Comment

OK... I know how to connect to my live account, but when I do this with the Global Simulation Mode on NT,will it appear on TWS when I enter a position on NT?

Comment

Hello NeoTrader86

You will need to uncheck Global Simulation Mode to be able to select an account other than the Sim101

You will need a live license key to be able to uncheck Global Simulation Mode

Comment

But I do have one... I leased the NT platform today.

Comment

Hello NeoTrader86,

To be able to select an account other than the Sim101 please ensure the following.

You must have a live license key and it must be entered under Help> License Key.
                Next connect to your broker by going to File> Connect and select your broker account.
                Last ensure Global Simulation Mode is not checked under the Control Center> File.
                Now you should be able to select your live account in any account drop down menu.

Below I have provided a link to the Global Simulation Mode section of our help guide.

Comment

Sorry... I think we´re not understanding each other.... I know how to do all of that.... BUT, What I wanted to do is see how my orders and positions placed on NT and executed in my Interactive Brokers account appear on the TWS platform WITHOUT putting live trades at first.... Just to see how it is supposed to look like when I go to live trading. Is there a way to do this?

Comment

Hello NeoTrader86,

Connect to your IB demo

Uncheck Global Simulation Mode

Select the demo account from the Account drop down

Place an order

Comment

I tried, but it didn´t Work out.
                      Here´s what I did:
                      1) Openned NT7
                      2) Unchecked the global simulation button.
                      3)Connected to Kinnetick(since I use volume bars,I want to use this as my primary Data Feed).
                      3)Open my Demo Account with IB in TWS in the recommended version of the platform from NT manual.
                      4) Accepted the account connection request.
                      5)Placed and executed an order on NT.

I checked the TWS platform and no positions were registered there.

Comment

Hello NeoTrader86,

What account did you have selected when you placed the order?

Comment

The Paper Trading account from IB... I didn´t register the Live trading account yet....But I did everything else as instructed.

Comment

Hello NeoTrader86,

If you selected your IB demo account in NInjaTrader prior to placing the order, on the order entry window you placed the order, the order will be displayed in

Comment

That´s what I expected to happen... But it didn´t... the order only appears active on NT... but the trade log on TWS shows no orders or positions...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TAJTrades, Today, 09:46 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post TAJTrades  
                              Started by rhyminkevin, Yesterday, 04:58 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post dp8282