Cme price banding and stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cme price banding and stops

I've been reading recently about cme' price banding. I'm sure some of us have read the few articles out there recently or have experienced it themselves.

My concern is this. I use atm strategies with nt. They have a fixed stop and profit target. The following questions are assuming I am executing my atm strats..

1. If the stop is outside the price band how will I know if my stop is rejected? Specifically regarding the chart trader function.

2. Will my entire atm including entry and profit target be rejected or stop only? Meaning if I use an atm strat to enter market, will I immediately have a position regardless of whether my stops are outside the band?

3. Apparently price banding is dynamic. So once price moves away from my previously accepted stop loss and my fixed stop loss then ends up outside of the price band, will my stop loss be cancelled?

4. Does this affect only stop losses or buy and sell stops used as profit targets?

Hello Kyu012,

1. You will receive a pop up rejection error that informs this.

2. If the stop loss is rejected, it will cancel the profit target because they are OCO orders. The position will not be closed.

3. As far as I know, it will not be cancelled. However I am not 100% sure. I suggest to contact your broker for clarification. If you have your account at our NinjaTrader brokerage, please contact us at brokeragesupport [at] ninnjatrader [dot] com.

4. It applies to both the stop loss and profit target. If the difference between these orders is greater than the accepted banding value, it will reject the order.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you For clarifying Jason.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by poplagelu, Today, 05:00 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post poplagelu  
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM