6.5.1004 installation issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5.1004 installation issue

When I try to download the newest version 6.5.1004 it only gives me the option to remove or repair (not update) and even after removing and reinstalling, its still 6.5.1003. I think the setup.exe is still downloading the prior version.

I've used CCleaner to remove all temp files, restarted etc. and that doesn't resolve the issue.

Any ideas?

Hello,

Please insure you have the correct version by visiting this site:

Both 6.5.1000.3 and 6.5.1000.4 are listed here.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's where I got it from.

Is there a direct download link for 6.5.1004? I never quite understood the point of the 223 kb setup.exe file, when previous versions can be downloaded directly.

Also, is there a specific location that setup.exe downloads the actual setup file to? That way I can insure there is not a previous cached version causing the problems.

thanks.

Comment

After downloading the setup.exe and executing, look for in this directory C:\Documents and Settings\[windows user name]\Local Settings\Temp

If you wait until it finished the installation, it will be deleted, so copy it to your archived directory.

This new build solves my Market Replay problem.

Comment

Ok, I uninstalled NinjaTrader, ran setup and watched the temp folder for the new .msi file to show up.

Everything seemed to be fine after I reinstalled, but when I check the version number, it still says 6.5.1003

The setup.exe file seems to be downloading exceptionally fast (at least 1.0M/s) which isn't too out of the ordinary for me, but seems faster than previous versions. For some reason it seems I'm getting the previous version...

-EDIT-
          It must have been some problem with the Setup.exe file. I guessed the direct download link and it now works fine.
          Last edited by Elliott Wave; 06-18-2008, 08:31 PM.

Comment

If you need it, and NT doesn't mind, I can upload it to rapidshare, just give another call.

Comment

Please clear your browser cache and try again. Nothing has changed on the setup.exe since months.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post PaulMohn  
              Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ZenCortexAuCost