Missing chart trader trade management lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing chart trader trade management lines

Trade management lines are occasionally missing from chart trader, even though the trades show up on a static DOM. Once this happens, none of the subsequent trades will show up either until the workspace is closed and re-opened. See attached picture.
    Attached Files

Please expand the chart trader to check if the account set is the same as the one in the DOM.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

They are the same account. This situation occurs after a number of trades using atmStrategyCreate(), AtmStrategyChangeEntryOrder(), AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget(), etc. during strategy testing. There may exist a condition where many iterations might cause some internal code structures to get corrupted somehow, and need to get reset by reloading the charts.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Please expand the chart trader to check if the account set is the same as the one in the DOM.

Comment

Is the Chart Trader ATM selection drop down list toggled to the correct strategy? Does toggling the settings make a difference? Any error messages in the log tab?
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, I see. my ATM's are created inside a strategy. Looks like to have the trade management lines show up on the chart, the 'ATM Strategy' dropdown has to be set to '<None>'. When another ATM is chosen in that window the trades do not get displayed, unless chart trader property 'KeepSelectedAtm....' is selected. Thanx Ray.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
          Is the Chart Trader ATM selection drop down list toggled to the correct strategy? Does toggling the settings make a difference? Any error messages in the log tab?
          Last edited by monpere; 06-18-2008, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Actually, I spoke too soon. Although what I said before is true most of the time, I believe there is still a problem here. Sometimes the lines are not showing, even if the ATM strategy dropdown window is set to '<None>', but this occurence is sporadic.

Originally posted by monpere View Post
            Ok, I see. my ATM's are created inside a strategy. Looks like to have the trade management lines show up on the chart, the 'ATM Strategy' dropdown has to be set to '<None>'. When another ATM is chosen in that window the trades do not get displayed, unless chart trader property 'KeepSelectedAtm....' is selected. Thanx Ray.
            Last edited by monpere; 06-23-2008, 12:24 PM.

Comment

If you can manage a consistent procedure we can use to reproduce please let us know. We appreciate your efforts in this matter. Thanks.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes