Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position not reported on the API

It happened again.
    Had 2 contracts short showing in the position window but the API reported 0 positions opened.

The Log also reports the 2 shorts but, the Ntclient.MarketPosition reports 0

I have a growing concern as this is serious and no solutions are being offered.

Thanks

- please make sure you are on latest 6.5.1000.3
    - not sure how you drive the ATI? TradeStation? eSignal? else?
    - is there something funny in the logs?
    - double check you provided the exact and correct NT account and NT instrument name on the MarketPosition call

Comment

Dierk,

I can confirm that I have the latest API.
      I created a Tradestation DLL that forwards the signals to a middleware aplication in .NET that manages the orders in NT.

I knew something was wrong because I could tell that TS was placing the wrong orders.

In the debug mode in the middleware, I can issue the NTClient.MarketPosition command and confirm that NT is reporting the position to be 0. I revised the Contract month and account against NT. Also, the NT log reports my request for the market position with the correct information. Yet, the API reports it incorrectly.

Restarting the middleware or NT does not resolve the issue. The only way to get NT to report it is to close the position and re-open it.

I checked the NT database, it reports the position to be open and the master instrument attached to it is also correct.

Comment

- the NT database does not hold/log any position information
        - as soon as NT reports the position info at the ATI level a file <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/outgoing/<instrument>_<account>_position.txt is created. If that file holds accurate information then the ATI did report accurate position for that account/instrument

I suggest going simple as possible and removing any "middleware" whatsoever and try the TS EL ATI as provided to eliminate any potential source of trouble in the client architecture.

Comment

Dierk,

Thanks for the tip.
          I will try your recommendation.

P

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes