Windows 10 with NT7 on new computer: Charts look blurry/not sharp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 with NT7 on new computer: Charts look blurry/not sharp

I recently installed the latest upgrade to NT7 on a new laptop with Windows 10, with great graphics, and for some reason the NT7 charts on my new laptop look much less sharp than my charts from my old laptop running Windows 7 and NT7--the lack of sharp definition is significant enough that it's quite distracting as I'm accustomed to clean-looking charts and if anything I expected them to look sharper on this new laptop. I'll note that everything else on NT7, such as the Control Center, looks quite sharp. Is there any obvious reason why the charts look less sharp on this new laptop and does anybody have recommendations to fix or troubleshoot the problem? Do I need to install NT8 when running Windows 10? Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader 7 is compatible with Windows 10 and I would not expect to see any display changes based on the change in operating systems. I would recommend that you confirm that your PC is running the most current drivers for your GPU and that the resolution is set to the native display resolution of your monitor.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by writeph View Post
      I recently installed the latest upgrade to NT7 on a new laptop with Windows 10, with great graphics, and for some reason the NT7 charts on my new laptop look much less sharp than my charts from my old laptop running Windows 7 and NT7--the lack of sharp definition is significant enough that it's quite distracting as I'm accustomed to clean-looking charts and if anything I expected them to look sharper on this new laptop. I'll note that everything else on NT7, such as the Control Center, looks quite sharp. Is there any obvious reason why the charts look less sharp on this new laptop and does anybody have recommendations to fix or troubleshoot the problem? Do I need to install NT8 when running Windows 10? Thank you!

Please post which laptops you are using, and what resolution mode you are using.

My Windows7 text looks blurry in some spots in 4k mode. Windows 10 looks fine.

I'm using font scaling from MSI.

Comment

Thank you for the clarifying input. I was able to solve the problem last night.

Comment

Thanks for the help, just got it resolved last night.

Comment

Originally posted by writeph View Post
            Thanks for the help, just got it resolved last night.
            Thanks for NOT posting whatever your solution was so that no one else can know. +1

keep it secrets. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Sledge, I don't know precisely what's causing it, only that it's an external monitor, which I assumed would not help anybody. I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon and every time I plug it into a Asus PA328Q external monitor at my office via HDMI, it resets the display resolution on my laptop to 125% and when I unplug it, it goes back to 100% on the laptop. Since I've only had Ninjatrader on during the day at my office the last two weeks since I got the laptop and since my resolution was always set to 100% when I checked it later in the evening, I didn't realize at first that it was related to the monitor. Further, for some reason when it's at 125% I don't notice any other programs looking too different and only really look at NT7 on the laptop (no other programs really, as I use my external monitor exclusively for work purposes), only the charts in NT7, so it took me a moment to catch on.

Comment

So you set your laptop display scaling to 100% and it fixed everything with the 4k monitor plugged in.

For anyone else that has this issue (1080 laptop with 4k external monitor):

High resolution displays have arrived in force, but before you spend the time and money to upgrade your PC, make sure you understand how Windows 10 handles these 4K monitors, and how you can set a custom scaling percentage to ensure that what you see on the screen is exactly what you expect.

Comment

SOLUTION: Disable Display Scaling on high DPI settings

This problem exists because NinjaTrader does a scaling when going to high DPI screens.
                  The fix involves just disabling that feature in the shortcut that starts Ninja.

Here are the steps.
                  1) Right Click on the NinjaTrader shortcut - then press properties.
                  2) Click on "Compatibility"
                  3) Click on "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"
                  4) click on "OK"

As long as you start ninja from this shortcut - there will be no adjustment to the graphics on 2k/4k monitors.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post lightsun47  
                  Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes