problems with external data feed from TS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems with external data feed from TS

hello i have Tradestation 3159. i put the NTExternalFeed strategy into one of my charts i have symbol set as ER2M06 for emini russel 2k june contract, and when i open ninja, i click connect -> external feed and it connects, but then going to superdom and giving it symbol ER2M06 it shows the price data but by hundredths and not by tenths. i went into instrument manager, and there was an ER2M06 entry "on the fly created stock" with the ticks set to .01. i clicked edit changed it to future, set tick to .1. then i clicked the < arrow to add it in, and it added ER2M06 06-06 to my instruments, but when i load it in SuperDom no data comes in. i checked the Misc tab in the properties of ER2M06 and it says ER2M06 for each of the broker things. what am i doing wrong? please help.

imported post

i found a previous post where the user was instructed to delete their mdb file. i did so and now i get the data from TS to come thru ER2 06-06 instrument in tenths. but now the new issue is, after having Ninja's superdom and tradestation open for a while, traddestation charts freeze but the prices on superdom still move. i have to close down ninja trader and ts comes back.

Comment

imported post

Hi,

Does this happens continuously, or does TS not freeze up anymore after the re-connect?

Vince
      Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

right now near the market close, its not freezing. it may have been freezing during high volume ill test this again tommorow. thanks

Comment

imported post

ok i was right, when the market opened and prices were changing swiftly, ninja was taking up 90-95% of my CPU, and tradestation as well as ninja were both very slow, submitting an order on ninja would take a few seconds and there were differences in the prices between ninja and the chart. is this a common issue?

Comment

imported post

We have had a handful of reports of this. If my memory serves me correctly they have all been PC resource issues. What are your PC specs? Please take a look at memory usage on your PC, I suspect its consuming most if it. When this happens, your PC creates virtual memory on your hard drive. This virually memory is used and is ultra slow and would cause CPU usage to seriously spike.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

i have a high end machine. AMD x2 dual core processor 7200 RPM HDD's in RAID 0, 2gigs of ram. and i dont have any other memory intensive apps except ts and nt.i am watching 5 time frames at the same time on TS though, so maybe thats a factor.

Comment

imported post

OK. So check memory usage and see if you get disk swapping that causes the CPU spiking.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes