Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

market Replay Freezing after pause

Good day,

I experienced a problem last night playing back historical data on Market Replay. Specifically, my chart froze after hitting the pause button and then hitting play. I did confirm that I had data for the requested day and that the replay window (date/time to date/time) was beyond the time where the data stopped displaying on the chart. The "freeze" was further confirmed by the volume indicator as it stopped.

Are there general trouble shooting steps that can be taken for this situation?

Many thanks,

DSF

Were you using chart trader by chance?

Comment

Hello dallasstarsfan,
      Thanks for your post.

Are you able to replicate this?

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Should this happen again check in the Orders tab of the Control Center if the instrument's price keeps updating.
      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sledge...Yes, I was using chart trader.

Brandon... version 7.0.1000.31. No error messages on screen. I'll see if there were error codes when I am able to sign back into market replay.

Thanks, DSF

Comment

Still having problems

The problem with the chart freezing continues to be a problem, but it is inconsistent. I am using chart trader and the problems seem to occur when the market replay is paused and then restarted. Drawing tools (arrows) may also be an issue?

I am just downloading a single day of data at a time and this always occurs on a fresh boot of NT. The problem has occurred over several different days of data, but has worked fine at times so I don't think the data is the issue. When the data freezes without me pressing pause it will sometimes restart 2-5 minutes later.

I am also opening a new chart with each session so a corrupt chart is not likely the issue.

As you can tell the problem is inconsistent and extremely frustrating.

As stated earlier I am using NT v. 7.....31. When the data freezes it is also locked in the control center quote and there are no error messages in the log tab. I do have a break even strategy that I am practicing with, but the chart is freezing at times when no orders have been places .

Please let me know if you have suggestions.

Thanks,

DSF

Comment

Hello dallasstarsfan,
            Thanks for your reply.
            As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

Shut down NinjaTrader

Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces

Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder

After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issue.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Graci117, Today, 09:02 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 07:55 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes