Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Possible to stop the chart from graphically updating itself during a Marketreplay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to stop the chart from graphically updating itself during a Marketreplay?

Is it possible to stop the chart from graphically updating itself during a Marketreplay?

I want to do this so that the Marketreplay will go quicker.
    (I figure the chart graphically updating itself slows the Marketreplay down significantly).

I've been testing a GPU intensive strategy in Marketreplay and it takes much longer then 500x even though i have it set on 500X.

I still would like to be able to go back and see all the Entry and Exits on the chart after the Marketreplay is fully complete.
    I'm guessing getting this data to show up on the chart after the Marketreplay is complete if much less GPU intense then getting this data to constantly update itself on the chart during the Marketreplay.

Thanks!

Hello Matheyas5,

Unfortunately this is not supported, however you can set 'Display update interval (sec)' to a higher value in the chart properties menu.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT8B5 did this at max replay. No gains seen.
      Hard to review post run since no trades where plotted on the charts so pretty worthless.

NT8 is where you'll see speed gains.

Comment

And how did you get the GPU to kick in in NT7?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          And how did you get the GPU to kick in in NT7?
          Hi Sledge, mauybe GPU was the wrong word (i prob should have said CPU).

Anyway, what I did is use my my PC'S Windows 10 "Task Manager" feature to see the CPU and Memory values when I ran the replay. I saw the CPU and Memory values were very high (over 75%-100%) when i ran the replay at subsecond chart update intervals.

Making the chart updated at 1 minute intervals signinifcaly lowered these CPU/Memory values and made the replay go much quicker

Hope this helps!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matheyas5 View Post
            Hi Sledge, mauybe GPU was the wrong word (i prob should have said CPU).

Anyway, what I did is use my my PC'S Windows 10 "Task Manager" feature to see the CPU and Memory values when I ran the replay. I saw the CPU and Memory values were very high (over 75%-100%) when i ran the replay at subsecond chart update intervals.

Making the chart updated at 1 minute intervals signinifcaly lowered these CPU/Memory values and made the replay go much quicker

Hope this helps!!!
            Have you tried minimizing the chart to the Taskbar, where it will no longer be drawing to screen?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes