Not responding freezing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not responding freezing!

Just at the start of business this morning NT stopped working. Won't reopen and load. please help!!!

Tied several times to reboot and reopen. Control center just sits there (not responding).

Comment

diver,

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1449149 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

sent as requested

Comment

I have received your message.

I will follow up via email.

Comment

I am having the same problems again and need help. I wrote to your email address about it.

Comment

Minute Charts Freezing on the Open

NT7 and Rithmic data freeze on and off, specially minute charts become unresponsive.
              The weird thing is Tick charts do not freeze as much (at least not obvious).

This happens mostly on the Open and almost on all major calendar events (Non-Farm, etc.) and goes on for at least 15-20 minutes. Only 3 days of data is loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
                NT7 and Rithmic data freeze on and off, specially minute charts become unresponsive.
                The weird thing is Tick charts do not freeze as much (at least not obvious).

This happens mostly on the Open and almost on all major calendar events (Non-Farm, etc.) and goes on for at least 15-20 minutes. Only 3 days of data is loaded.
                I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

Shut down NinjaTrader

Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces

Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder

After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p__restore.htm

If the issue persists after these tests, please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this thread and also reference "1449149 ATTN Patrick G" in the body of the message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes