Partial fills and disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial fills and disconnects

I have two issues that crop up from time to time that I am not sure how best to deal with and would appreciate any input. I use latest version with IB.

1) Partial fills
    If price moves away from my entry (limit order) with only a partil fill and gets close to where my target should be how do I get the target into the Dom? At present no stops or targets are put in while it is still trying to complete the fill. If I cancel the order I get nothing on the open contracts either.

2) If I lose connection and get it back again, my position shows in the Dom but the stops and targets have gone. They are still in TWS and active, but I no longer have any control over them. Is there any way around this?

Many thanks,

Tony

imported post

Hi TraderTony, first can you make sure you are running the latest version 5.1.10002.

1) If you have a partial filled order, NT brackets the open position right away if no additional executions come in after several seconds. I just tested this again in response to your experience and it works as designed. I have no ideas on what would cause it to behave differently.

2) I just took a live trade, forced a disconnection with nifty little utility I have, it reconnected and I had my strategy/orders recovered as designed.

Please confirm with me you are using the latest version.

Thanks
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

That's odd. I can confirm I am using the latest version and had both these situations occur within the past week (although I cannot say with absolute certainty if it was before or after the latest upgrade).

Could I have anything in my preferences that are overridding the normal functioning?

I'll let you know if/when it happens again but wonder if there is anything I can do manually correct either situation should they happen in future?

Thanks.

Comment

imported post

There would be not settings that would affect this behaviour. Please let me know if you run into this again. You will have to manually manage the position, set strategy selector to <None> and place manual orders to protect the position.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes