Cannot open Ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot open Ninjatrader

it seems that every Saturday, when I try to open Ninjatrader it pops up with the start up screen and then doesn't open any windows. After I go into Task Manager and quit the process I've deleted _workspaces and tried to re open again but still nothing. It seems like I have to reinstall Ninja every week to get around this but was wondering if there is another way without doing all that work. Please help.

Dave

Nevermind, got it to work. Anyone that has this problem try this.

Day trading courses, software, and mentorship. Trading education for futures traders, beginners, and advanced.

Comment

Ninja Trader Platform will not open

Originally posted by djoyce854 View Post
      it seems that every Saturday, when I try to open Ninjatrader it pops up with the start up screen and then doesn't open any windows. After I go into Task Manager and quit the process I've deleted _workspaces and tried to re open again but still nothing. It seems like I have to reinstall Ninja every week to get around this but was wondering if there is another way without doing all that work. Please help.

Dave
      I am having the exact same problem, never in 6 years has this happened and now nothing will load....same symptom as Dave above.....how do I fix someone????

Comment

Originally posted by mistermike View Post
        I am having the exact same problem, never in 6 years has this happened and now nothing will load....same symptom as Dave above.....how do I fix someone????
        I have exactly the same problem...... yesterday evening I couldn't really demo trade because because the spread was about 70 ticks and this morning I can't open NT7

Comment

There is a known issue this morning with CQG-based demos and ask/bid/L2 data. However, that should not prevent your NinjaTrader from opening. There is no current solution for the demo data issue, however, we've been in contact with CQG and hope there will be a solution soon.

There are many things which can cause the symptom you describe. I will provide a general 'blank workspace test' below (this is what djoyce854 was describing), but I highly suggest that you write in via email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may take a look at your log and trace files to more accurately diagnose and resolve what you're experiencing.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
          • Shut down NinjaTrader
          • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
          • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder
          • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should start up without any workspaces.
          • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
          • *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled1," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.

Comment

Hi.... thank you for your response... it is much appreciated. I have been in touch with NT support but somehow the problem appears to have resolved itself.

However I still have an issue with CQG data..... it was ok earlier this evening but now back to a wide spread

Comment

The CQG demo Level II data issue was not resolved until earlier this morning (we received the message from CQG at ~7AM Eastern US time).

If you restart NinjaTrader, does the issue persist?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              166 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post sidlercom80  
              Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes