Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Arrows on NT Icons

Support,

When I just recently installed NT7 and NT 8.8 on Windows 10 PC, I noticed two facing blue arrows on the icons for both the 32 and 64 bit versions.

What are these arrows and what do they represent or their significance?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This addition that Windows 10 has made to the icon indicates that the files are compressed on the drive. Please see the following public link for more information about this Windows icon: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This addition that Windows 10 has made to the icon indicates that the files are compressed on the drive. Please see the following public link for more information about this Windows icon: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
      Thank you Kyle,

I have checked the C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 folder, the NinjaTrader.exe, the bin folder, the NinjaTrader Icon file, from the advanced properties. The compression box is unchecked. However, after a reboot I still get those same blue arrows. This solution does not seem to work.

Perhaps, if I knew exactly what folder under NT platform might be compressed it would be easier to resolve this issue.

I believe these arrows where placed after an automatic Windows 10 update. Please note that my Windows 10 installation is all default settings.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, if this option is not enabled I cannot say for sure why Windows would add this marker to the NinjaTrader icon. This may be something to look in to with an IT technician who can provide more general support for Windows.

While I understand that the blue arrow overlay remains on the icons do the icons function normally in starting NinjaTrader?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hello aligator,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, if this option is not enabled I cannot say for sure why Windows would add this marker to the NinjaTrader icon. This may be something to look in to with an IT technician who can provide more general support for Windows.

While I understand that the blue arrow overlay remains on the icons do the icons function normally in starting NinjaTrader?
          Thanks Kyle,

The Icons work fine and function normal. I just thought it might be a new NT feature added.

Based on a search I did, I have not seen anyone that said un-checking the option box worked. Anyways, the default Windows 10 installation has that box unchecked and files are not compressed. It seems to be a Windows 10 related issue, and a not so thoughtful innovation.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Massinisa  
          Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes