Mapping Canadian Stocks to IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapping Canadian Stocks to IB

I'm having trouble mapping canadian stocks to IB.

For example, a ticker symbol in IB Trader Workstation for "AltaGas Income Trust" is "ALA.UN" which is traded on TSE.

When I map it on NinjaTrader's Instrument Manager, it doesn't work. NinjaTrader can't get the quote.

Any suggestions on how to map it ?

Attach is a screenshot of NT's Instrument Manager setting and IB quote page with ticker symbol.
    Attached Files

Can you please check both the Default and Tse exchange in the Instrument Editor window.

Upon adding the stock to your instrument list make sure the Default exchange is selected.

Check if you receive data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

It didn't work. I added both Default and TSE. Attached is a screen shot of the Exchange drop down box showing both have been added and neither one is working.

I cannot get quotes and I get "No Security Definition" error when trying to bring up a chart. Attached is a screen shot of the error msg.

Any suggestions ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Could you please send a note to support AT ninjatrader DOT com reference this post, put "Attn Jason" in the subject header and include your log and trace file. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20080603 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20080603 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

In addition, please provide me with an estimate time to tried to plot the Canadian stock and the error message occurred.

Comment

Not sure if this will help.

In Sierra Chart, I can bring up the chart with the ticker "ALA.UN-S-TSE".

Their Interactive Brokers ticker mapping convention is:
          [stock symbol]-S-[exchange]
          The letter S stands for stock.

Comment

Most likely, this will not work. The exchange and instrument type are already defined in the Definition-tab of the Instrument Editor window.

Did you already send your log and trace files to support AT ninjatrader DOT com? I did not see an email yet. If you already sent the email, please resend it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post Anfedport  
            Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes