Yellow Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Strategies

I've successfully created my strategies and connected them to Interactive Brokers. I'm not receiving Datafeed error messages anymore.

When I enabled my strategies under the Strategies tab in Control Center, I have some strategies that are yellow and some that are green. What's wrong ?

Thanks
    Steve

Hello,

Yellow indicates the strategy is waiting for the account to be in a flat position before starting to be in sync with the account.

This is directly related to the strategies sync settings, you can find more information specifically about the yellow here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ightsub=yellow

and about the sync options here:

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      I've gone through the links you sent me and still don't understand.
      I plan on keeping the application running 24/7 and want all strategies to be in real time. I don't have any positions open that would need to be flat. How can I make sure the strategies are working?

Comment

Hello,

If this is on the Sim account, it could be a prior position on the sim account or this could be a historical position, one test would be to reset the sim account and then re enable the strategies.

You can do this by going to Tools -> Options -> Simulator tab -> Reset and clear the historical orders.

If the strategy is still yellow, you could check if there is a historical position that is currently open that the strategy generated.

Alternatively for a realtime only strategy, if you are manually coding this you could use a condition to check

if(!Historical){ } which would check if the bar is not a historical bar and only execute in realtime.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ZenCortexAuCost  
        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:22 AM
        0 responses
        1 view