data don't load into chart or Super DOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data don't load into chart or Super DOM

When I add the MHI instrument, using the Instrument manager, and then try to open a chart or Super DOM, I just see a frozen chart (see image) and no data appear in the Super DOM. What am I doing wrong? Note, that there are no orders in the Chart Trader below the ATM Strategy box.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Can you select the current contract MHI 12-15 and let me know if you then receive data. If you still do not receive data can you tell me what data provider you are connected to within NinjaTrader.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It does the same thing on the MHI 12-15. My data connection is the NinjaTrader Continuum.

Comment

Hey, I had similar problem earlier... worse with white screen (and a big X in red there). SuperDOM also blank. What I did was disconnect from current connection, then reconnect.

If doesnt work, then disconnect, close ninjatrader -> open again, and connect again. Things loaded fine for me after that.

Hopefully this solution works for you too!

Comment

Originally posted by MindfulTrader View Post
          It does the same thing on the MHI 12-15. My data connection is the NinjaTrader Continuum.
          The market data that is available will be dependent on what your account is enabled for. To verify if you have access to this instrument please contact our brokerage team at [email protected]
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, BlueWhisper

BlueWhisper, I tried that several times, and it did not work.

Thanks, though.
            Last edited by MindfulTrader; 12-07-2015, 02:14 PM. Reason: did not address specific person

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ, I have contacted Ninjatrader on the problem, and I'll wait for their response. I notice that you have a Kinetic logo on your response. What advantages would a Kinetic connection have over the Ninjatrader Continuum connection that I already have?

Comment

Hello MindfulTrader,

Continuum and Kinetick will both provide unfiltered tick data for futures along with an extensive resource of historical data. Some traders use Kinetick as a supplement to their broker's data feed because Kinetick supports some markets that would not be available through Continuum. In addition to providing data for futures, Kinetick also supports stocks, indexes, and spot forex. Subscribing to Kinetick would allow you to analyze these markets within NinjaTrader alongside your futures trading with NinjaTrader Continuum.

MHI trades on the Hong Kong Futures Exchange and Kinetick does not currently support this market. So subscribing to Kinetick would not offer a benefit in the case of MHI.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks, NinjaTrader_ChristopherD.

Jeffrey

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by SaltyCoffee, Today, 01:13 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post SaltyCoffee  
                  Started by FishTrade, 05-13-2024, 11:11 PM