Replay Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay Data

I'm a discretionary trader and would like to practice my trading using the replay feature of NinjaTrader. My questions are:

1) If I close my brokerage account can I still get replay data from 2-3 years ago?

2) Is it worthwhile storing replay data on my computer, especially if I'm looking back multiple years? (From some of the threads that I've read, it seems that replay data is stored on my computer. Is this correct?)

Thanks,

Bob

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

1. Market Replay is a free service that is available for all users and installations of NinjaTrader. However, please note that replay data is available for the past 90 days on the Market Replay data servers.

2. It would be truly your choice whether or not to maintain this data on your PC. You are correct about Replay Data being stored on your PC, this is normal. I can confirm that these individual files would not be very large in size.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Drew, thank you for your help. And I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to reply.

I do have a couple of follow up questions.

1) How do I get replay data that is older than 90 days? Is there an effective way to download "large amounts" of replay data?

2) Where is the replay data stored on my computer? I would like to verify that the data is stored properly.

Thanks again, Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

This is Jared from the NinjaTrader Ecosystem responding on behalf of my colleague Drew.

1) The NinjaTrader Ecosystem partners with a few replay data providers. I've provided links to their sites below.

http://marketreplaydata.com/

http://marketreplay.net/

2) Replay data is stored on your PC at the following location: Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> db -> Data

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance
        JaredNinjaTrader Ecosystem

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        0 responses