Converting to Market Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting to Market Orders

I know if you use the Tradestation integration via SMTP, you have a setting that converts to market orders if the NT order did not get filled.

Is there a setting that will do the same for orders submitted via the DLL?
    For example, I submit an order via the DLL API and if it does not get filled, is there a way taht it can automatically be converted to a market one?

>> Is there a setting that will do the same for orders submitted via the DLL?
    Unfortunately not

Comment

Dierk,

Is there a way that I can help continue developing that interface for you guys? I don't think that I can use it with the current lack of functionality.

From a trader standpoint, this is what is required in order to make it a true trading API.

1.- Grid to show Order Names, same in the the Positions window
      2.- All the Buy/Sell functions should have an additional parameter, to turn the orders to Market after a specified number of seconds after the price has been crossed.
      3.- Add a function to cancel all ACTIVE Orders for a specified instrument per account.
      4.- Add a function to retrieve the total number of Active Orders for a specified instrument per account.

I can live without the last one but, all the others are essential to creating a trading interface.

Please forward this to the appropriate person

P
      Last edited by PHOLAN; 05-30-2008, 06:52 AM.

Comment

We appreciate the offer but we are are not taking on external developers at this time.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In that case, how much would it cost to have that added and what time frame am I looking at.

If unfeasible, I will need to consider other options.

P

Comment

We make available enough functions for you to code your own functions to do what you want with your 4 requirements.

Unfortunately we do not provide option to custom code for a fee individual requests. Thanks for the offer though.

Comment

Negative Ray,

How can you say that? How do you convert a order generated by a dll into a market order without waiting for the next bar closing.

For example, my order does not get filled, my next execution in tradestation is 5 minutes later. At that time I would check if my High has crossed my entry price for example and then delete the entry order and enter at market.

If your chart is a 5 min chart, you can not expect to convert the order to market after 5 mins. Thats unreasonable
              Last edited by PHOLAN; 05-30-2008, 07:31 AM.

Comment

I would run my strategy tick by tick (I am assuming that is possible, if not, then you are correct), monitor price, then when appropriate, modify the limit order to a price that will fill instantly. This is what we do when possible in our own software. Its faster since you don't have to cancel, wait for confirmation, then send a market order which must go through brokers risk system again. Modifying existing limit is milliseconds quicker.

Comment

Ray,

What you are suggesting, along with the other functions is easy to do if you have a tick by tick interface but, implementin what you are suggesting in Tradestation is not only not practical but also extremely taxing.

Now you understand why I consider the API unusable in it's current form. What you are suggesting belongs on the NT side and not on Tradestation.

Comment

Dierk, Ray,

I'm attempting to write an external .NET proxy application. I'm pretty far along but, one issue is holding me back.

I need to receive the Tick data from NT so that I can convert unfilled orders to Market Orders, as we discussed below.

I am subscribing to the MarketData and getting the price when I issue the MarketData command. However, I do need to get the data stream on a continuous basis without missing ticks.

I tried to inplement an event async event hadler, but apparently, it's not supported. How do I go about it without writing a resource consuming loop that it's prone to miss ticks? In other words, I need a subroutine to be called when NT receives a new tick update.

Here is what I have tried that does not work
                    Code:
                    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Imports[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] NinjaTrader[/SIZE]
                    [SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Public[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Class[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Tray[/SIZE]
                    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Friend[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Shared[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]WithEvents[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] NTClient [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]New[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] NinjaTrader.Client.Client[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]public sub NTTickUpdate() handles NTClient.....[/SIZE]
                    As you can see, a handler for the NTClient events does not seem to be supported.

Best Regards,

Philip
                    Last edited by PHOLAN; 06-01-2008, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Hi Philip,

Sorry, but due to bandwidth issues this is beyond the level we can offer support for.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

NT 6.5 is already getting the ticks. Any bandwidth used will be in the local computer between NT and the external API client.
                        There is no taxing of NT servers that I can see

P

Comment

The ATI which is what you are using is not an event driven API. You will receive the latest ask/bid/last when it is requested.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Vikuno1, 11-28-2023, 11:42 PM
                          13 responses
                          1 like
                          Last Post PaulMohn  
                          Started by Taddypole, 04-26-2024, 02:47 PM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes