Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the positions in NT and IB TWS do not match

Hello,

After trading a while, the position shown in NT does not match with that in IB TWS, what should I do? How can I modify the position in NT? Otherwise any calls to flat position would results in undesired contracts being bought or sold and the position in IB TWS can never goes back to zero.

- Clearpicks

Position reports are native from IB, there is nothing NT can do. I suggest disconnecting and reconnecting.

Comment

I am not sure. The position in NT I was talking was not the position reported by NT DLL calls. It was the position shown in NT itself did not match that in IB TWS. Do you still think it is an IB problem? Can I force NT to update its position so that it will get syncronized with IB TWS again?

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Position reports are native from IB, there is nothing NT can do. I suggest disconnecting and reconnecting.

Comment

>> Can I force NT to update its position so that it will get syncronized with IB TWS again?
        Sorry no.

Comment

Could you consider it as a feature enhancement in the future release so that if the position in NT does not match with that in IB TWS, the users do not need to restart NT or reconnect to IB TWS.

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          >> Can I force NT to update its position so that it will get syncronized with IB TWS again?
          Sorry no.

Comment

If native broker position reports do not match what actually is in the account, then adding a work around is not valid approach.

Please try to provide a reproducible scenario so we could forward to IB. Please make sure you are working on a native IB account and not NT's sim account and you are on TWS 884.

Comment

After trading a while, the position shown in NT does not match with that in IB TWS, what should I do? How can I modify the position in NT? Otherwise any calls to flat position would results in undesired contracts being bought or sold and the position in IB TWS can never goes back to zero.
              I don't use IB as my brokerage, but I do have the same problem. It affects everyone using automated trading with overnight positions.

If you're trading a strategy and you hold positions overnight, then when you restart the strategy the next day, the strategy position will be empty while your IB position will be non-empty. Thus, you're out of sync.

NinjaTrader is aware of this and there are numerous posts discussing this problem. I don't know if they will have a solution or not in their upcoming releases.

The simplest solution is to submit a manual order to close your IB position, thus strategy position and your IB position will be the same, empty.

Comment

mg,

Different issue here. Clearpicks is saying that the Accounts tab position is not matching the IB TWS position.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Maybe it was caused by the same reason because the mismatching happened yesterday midnight arround (after?) 12:00am. One of my TWS lost its data connection and after it recovered I found NT was not able to close a position in one IB TWS account. I have to manually close that position and restart NT to get syncronized. However it all happened within a short time and I was not prepared, therefore I can not recall what happend exactly.

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                  mg,

Different issue here. Clearpicks is saying that the Accounts tab position is not matching the IB TWS position.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin