Charts loading sluggish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts loading sluggish

I have had problems sometimes loading charts. Today for a while, the charts would load instantly...like in a second. I run two charts one at 3 minutes, the other at five minutes, both intraday. In addition, I have 8 charts running in the background that are three minutes. When the charts are working well, they just load right away. other times, a window will come up that says the symbol and a button that says abort. It may take several minutes when this happens or it may not load and jam up. I also notice when I save a workspace and then bring it back sometimes the time and sales window is never sized the way I left it. Also, the alert window will not come up and I will have to create a new one.

My main concern is getting the charts. to load quickly. is there something in the software that needs to be monitored, or does it have something to do with data provider, in this casee IB.

Originally posted by Gregory Arkadin View Post
    I have had problems sometimes loading charts. Today for a while, the charts would load instantly...like in a second. I run two charts one at 3 minutes, the other at five minutes, both intraday. In addition, I have 8 charts running in the background that are three minutes. When the charts are working well, they just load right away. other times, a window will come up that says the symbol and a button that says abort. It may take several minutes when this happens or it may not load and jam up. I also notice when I save a workspace and then bring it back sometimes the time and sales window is never sized the way I left it. Also, the alert window will not come up and I will have to create a new one.
    Originally posted by Gregory Arkadin View Post

My main concern is getting the charts. to load quickly. is there something in the software that needs to be monitored, or does it have something to do with data provider, in this casee IB.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please check the following:

1) Your current version of NinjaTrader. You should be on NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.3 this information can be found within NinjaTrader Control Center --> Help --> About. If you are not running this version please download via Control Center --> Help --> Download site...

2) Check your version of TWS you can do this from TWS --> Help --> About. You will need to be on version 884 if you are not running this version you can download from here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_interactivebrokers.htm

3) Look within Control Center --> Log tab. Do you see any errors regarding a historical data download limit? IB has a limitation in place on their historical data. If you reach this limit you must wait 5 minutes until the IB data servers can reprocess the request.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Eamon View Post

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please check the following:

1) Your current version of NinjaTrader. You should be on NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.3 this information can be found within NinjaTrader Control Center --> Help --> About. If you are not running this version please download via Control Center --> Help --> Download site...

2) Check your version of TWS you can do this from TWS --> Help --> About. You will need to be on version 884 if you are not running this version you can download from here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_interactivebrokers.htm

3) Look within Control Center --> Log tab. Do you see any errors regarding a historical data download limit? IB has a limitation in place on their historical data. If you reach this limit you must wait 5 minutes until the IB data servers can reprocess the request.

I downloaded /installed the latest tws
      for Log did you mean under tools...Options...Log?

when I set up the TWS in Account Connection, I changed all the setting exactly as it is mentioned with the picture on your website
      I'll see how it works tommorrow

charts are still loading slow...abort window comes up and I have to press button in order to get charts to load quicker for intraday stocks
      Last edited by Gregory Arkadin; 05-27-2008, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Yes, Log tab of the Control Center window. IB historical data download is slow...
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
          Yes, Log tab of the Control Center window. IB historical data download is slow...
          still loading slow

Comment

It likely is what it is. NT does not make data loading slower, its a variable of your ISP and the server the historical data is being requested from.

There may be some tips here that can help - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...anceTips1.html
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
              It likely is what it is. NT does not make data loading slower, its a variable of your ISP and the server the historical data is being requested from.

There may be some tips here that can help - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...anceTips1.html

tried all of that, still slow and some data problems. I have high speed cable as well for the isp. When I used esignal in the past with there data and platform as well as a third party indicator, it worked well. I only have 10 charts running at once, go back 6 days on intraday. seems in the morning that it is sluggish and then later gets a little better. Yesterday it ran perfectly for a few hours, actually better than esignal.

Comment

I had the same problem as well, and I did not change any settings.

Comment

Originally posted by wildmiamichild View Post
                  I had the same problem as well, and I did not change any settings.

Who is your data provider?

Comment

Zenfire ... things seem to be ok today.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Irukandji  
                    Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM