Ninja Order entry...versatility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Order entry...versatility

With Ninja order entry system, if you are scalping stocks and when you sell a stock after you have bought it, is there a way to immediately short the stock after you have sold it and vice a versa? Bascially, after you sold the stock, you would just click on the order button and the exact share amount would be shorted.

So you buy a 1000 shares, it hits a price target , you sell it, then you iimmediately short 1000 by clicking the order button w/o having to reenter the exact share amount, and repeat this process if necessary.

Hello Grergory,

You can automate this by enabling "Rev at target" upon enabling the "Advanced Options" by right clicking in the SuperDOM. Once the market reaches your target, NinjaTrader will put you in a reverse position using the same ATM strategy.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Grergory,

You can automate this by enabling "Rev at target" upon enabling the "Advanced Options" by right clicking in the SuperDOM. Once the market reaches your target, NinjaTrader will put you in a reverse position using the same ATM strategy.

Ok, but lets say you don't have a predetermined price to sell at, but lets say an indicator of yours says sell so you sell. In other words I don't want it to be automatic, but at my option, all I have to do is click one button and not have to enter share amount or a sell order. I don't want it automted, just a one touch option if the trade looks favorable to me

Comment

Hi Gregory,

You can set the "Scale Quantity" in the DOM properties, however the value entered will only apply upon scaling in or out a position. Unfortunately, it is not possible to use a pre-determined value for the order quantity.

Comment

Hi Gregory,

You can set the "Scale Quantity" in the DOM properties, however the value entered will only apply upon scaling in or out a position. Unfortunately, it is not possible to use a pre-determined value for the order quantity.

so what you are saying is that I will have to manully type the share amount everytime I want to place an order?

Comment

The value entered under "Order qty" will remain the same during the current session. However, if you close the DOM and open up a new one or restart NinjaTrader, the value entered under "Order qty" will revert back to 1.

Comment

The value entered under "Order qty" will remain the same during the current session. However, if you close the DOM and open up a new one or restart NinjaTrader, the value entered under "Order qty" will revert back to 1.
              If I enter a new stock symbol on a chart, will that close the DOM?

Comment

Selecting a new instrument in your chart will not close the SuperDOM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                4 responses
                1 like