Sub-pip support question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub-pip support question

Hi, I have Forex.com (gain capital) as my brokerage firm, and they say that they offer sub-pip support. I have enabled that in Ninja Trader, but the price quotes in the Ninja Trader program are only displaying 5 digits instead of the 6. Am I missing something here, or how do you trade sub-pips through Ninja Trader? Thanks for your help.

Edit: I actually have found that in the strategy analyzer it quotes the exit price in sub-pips but the entry price is whole. I also have to enter the tick targets for my strategy as if it is trading on sub-pips, but when I go to actually place a trade, those prices are only in the full pips. I hope that made sense.
    Last edited by rd_falcon; 05-25-2008, 08:01 PM.

Please check Tools->Options->Misc->Currencies subpip support

Comment

I do have a check mark in that box already.

Comment

Expected behavior:
        - subpips enabled: e.g. EURUSD prices are displayed as 1.55123
        - subpips disabled: e.g. EURUSD prices are displayed as 1.5512

Is there is no 5th digits after the decimal sign (subpip enabled) then GAIN submitted the price as 1.55120 in which event NT will cut of the 0.

Comment

yeah, that would make sense, but it is missing from all real time data since I first turned it on at the beginning of today's session.

Comment

I suggest contacting GAIN support and syncing with them on prices they submit. You also can retry later as there probably is more trading volume...

Comment

but shouldn't the order screen in ninja trader allow me to enter the 5th digit after the decimal as well? I can contact Gain if you believe it is something on there end, but that makes me wonder if it isn't something odd going on in the program here.

Comment

Connect to sim feed and see subpips at work.

Again, I suggest retrying later on GAIN, since market conditions could change and the likelihood of subpip prices could increase.

Comment

Alright, the sub pips showed up in the sim feed, so I will wait until the morning and see if they show up. Thank you for your help and your fast responses.

Comment

Also, I vaguely recall that a GAIN account needs to be explicitly enabled for subpips. Not sure, but I would ask GAIN support...

Comment

Unless you have opened a "fractional" account for GAIN for specific use with NinjaTrader then sub-pip should be disabled. It was only until a few days ago that we allow new users to open fractional account, so unless you opened an account in the last few days, sub-pip should be disabled.
                      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ah, that explains it. I have had this account for about a month or so. I will contact Gain to see what I need to do to get the sub-pip activated. Thank you for informing me of that.

Comment

I just got done talking with Gain, and the customer service rep wasn't sure about the sub-pip support for Ninja Trader, and said to check back tomorrow when they have a full staff on hand. I will post the results of that tomorrow.

Comment

For those who are in a similar situation, the reprentative told me to send an email to [email protected] requesting my account be changed to fractional spreads, and to include my account number as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                            172 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post sidlercom80