error messages on ATM strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error messages on ATM strategy

I`m getting these consistent error messages on an ATM trade strategy where the stop loss is at 10 pips,
    the average spread of the GBP/AUD is 6-7 pips, I believe the error may be saying the spread has got to the size (plus 10 pips) where by my ATM`s attempt to place a new stop loss is rejected?

Or is it saying the offer already moved down below my sell stoploss price entry attempt?

(I wouldn't think so my stop loss order is at the exchange and working in the market when the first stop loss is hit, placing itself instantly 10 pips from the new reverse entry point of the ATM strategy...)

Problem at 3:54:25.222AM

I`m not sure what the actual answer is...

Click image for larger version

Name:	errors why.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	903528

Hello jitterbug,

The error on the left indicates you try to use an OCO ID that was used before. If you submit OCO orders manually, please disable 'OCO Order' before you submit new OCO orders. So enable 'OCO Order' and submit the OCO orders you like to share the same OCO group. Once submitted, please disable 'OCO Order'. Subsequently when you like to submit new OCO orders again, please enable 'OCO Order'.

The error in the middle and on the right indicate a sell stop order was submitted above the current market price.

NinjaTrader 8 uses tenth pips. If you select the GBPAUD in the Dynamic SuperDOM, you will see that the spread is more than 10 price rows. Please use a wider stop loss to avoid the order rejection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok so no stop losses within the spread (boo) I guess that's why its the spread !.

ok so if I turn OCO off can I place a trade either way and one won`t offset the other?

Comment

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by "ok so if I turn OCO off can I place a trade either way and one won`t offset the other?". Could you please clarify?

Did you use 'OCO Order' from the right click menu when you experienced this error?

Comment

Jas can I place 2 trades in opposite directions on the same currency pair without cancelling eachother out, I bought at market, then sold at market, and the sell exited the long position. I thought they would just hedge eachother and stay open.

Comment

Unfortunately this is as expected. You cannot be in a long and short position simultaneously for the same instrument. The buy and sell orders as per your example are paired as a trade.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
            4 responses
            1 like