Why do I not get YM data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I not get YM data?

Every day when I start up Ninja Trader, I get ES and ER2 price data almost immediately after connecting to Zen-Fire. But the only way I can get YM data to start streaming is to open a SuperDOM window and then select the YM 06-08 instrument; then immediately, YM price data streams in fine. What is it about the SuperDOM that causes the data to start coming in? Can I get this to happen automatically upon connection to Zen-Fire?

Thanks!
    Bryan
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Originally posted by cassb View Post
    Every day when I start up Ninja Trader, I get ES and ER2 price data almost immediately after connecting to Zen-Fire. But the only way I can get YM data to start streaming is to open a SuperDOM window and then select the YM 06-08 instrument; then immediately, YM price data streams in fine. What is it about the SuperDOM that causes the data to start coming in? Can I get this to happen automatically upon connection to Zen-Fire?

Thanks!
    Bryan
    Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your post.

When first connecting where is the YM data not streaming into Charts, Control Center, T+S?

Comment

It's not streaming into any window. I tried selecting YM in the Control Center Orders tab, but the only place that seems to make the data start streaming is SuperDOM.
      cassb

Comment

Please try reloading the historical data for the YM.

Go to Tools--> Historical Data--> Reload

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.
        JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
          Please try reloading the historical data for the YM.

Go to Tools--> Historical Data--> Reload

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

OK, I'll do that tonight after the market closes. I'm recording the market for Market Replay and don't want to mess that up.

Bryan
          cassb

Comment

Sounds good- Please let us know.
            JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, I reloaded the history a couple times. Then next day, it still took 12 minutes to finally get YM data coming in. What all is going on during those 12 minutes? Is it downloading a bunch of stuff from somewhere? Is it trying to connect to something that's not connecting? I do get a few "ConnectionLost"/"Connected" messages in the Log while this is going on, although ER2 and ES data begin coming in within about 2 minutes or so. Does it take longer for YM because something's working in alphabetical order? Would it help if I change the name of the instrument to AA??

It seems to take longer the closer I get to market trading time. If I connect to Zen-Fire at 8amET, no problem. If I try after 9:15amET, forget it.
              cassb

Comment

The disconnections do have effect on the loading times for data. You might want to test this using a different ISP if possible to see if data will be loaded quicker.

If you do not have access to another ISP to test this, please send me your log and trace files to support AT ninjatrader DOT com and reference this post.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 05-23-2008, 07:32 AM.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't have an account at any other ISPs. I've been dealing with this problem for over 5 months...and it seems that no one really knows the answer. I think you would have to turn on some kind of internal debug flag in this code to see what the program is doing while trying to connect and get YM data (and why ER2 and ES data seem to come in much sooner). If that's not possible, then I guess I'll just live with it and connect extra early every day.
                  cassb

Comment

Could you please send me the log and trace files for the day it took 12 minutes to load YM data. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20080523 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20080523 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support AT ninjatrader DOT com and reference this post.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Email sent, thanks for looking at it.
                      cassb

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                      0 responses
                      1 view