Login failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login failed

I have NT 6.5.1000.2 and IB 882.2 sucessfully running on one of my machines. However, I'm consistently getting this error when I try to connect with my second machine. Note: I've logged off and exited both NT and IB on machine one before trying the second machine.

The second machine has the same setup with NT 6.5.1000.2 and IB 882.2 installed. I have disabled the firewall (just in case that was the problem.) This machine originally had IB 884.6 installed but I removed it and downgraded to 882.2 (just in case that was the problem.)

The error message is:
    "Login failed: IB.Adapter.MessageLoop No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:7496".

Any help would be apreciated.

thanks,
    shawnj

Originally posted by shawnj View Post
    I have NT 6.5.1000.2 and IB 882.2 sucessfully running on one of my machines. However, I'm consistently getting this error when I try to connect with my second machine. Note: I've logged off and exited both NT and IB on machine one before trying the second machine.

The second machine has the same setup with NT 6.5.1000.2 and IB 882.2 installed. I have disabled the firewall (just in case that was the problem.) This machine originally had IB 884.6 installed but I removed it and downgraded to 882.2 (just in case that was the problem.)

The error message is:
    "Login failed: IB.Adapter.MessageLoop No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:7496".

Any help would be apreciated.

thanks,
    shawnj
    Hi Shawn,

Thank you for your post.

Please try the following:

- Uninstall TWS 882 as 884 is now the supported version within NinjaTrader.

- Try connecting again using 884. If this does not work.

- First sign in to TWS directly.

- Next, connect from within NinjaTrader6.5 via the Control Center --> File --> Connect.

Comment

Silly me. I forgot to enable the API from the TWS side. Sorry to waste you time and bandwidth. Maybe to keep this from being a total waste, a suggestion would be to perhaps have NT trap for this error message and gently suggest to the user to check the API settings on TWS.

again sorry,
      shawnj

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
      1 response