Esignal slow???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esignal slow???

I had a Time and Sales window open with NT connected to Esignal and just happened to have the same stock open in Etrade to see Level 2 since I don't have that service with Esignal. I noticed that the Etrade window was being updated with real-time data quicker than the Esignal/NT window.

I then opened NT on a different computer and connected to Interactive Broker and opened a Time and Sales window on the same stock.

I found that the Esignal data was often 5-15 seconds behind Etrade and IB. I thought Esignal had high quality services. Has anybody else experienced this?

Thank you for your post.

Please make sure the PC you are testing NinjaTrader on isn't lagging.

Otherwise, NinjaTrader just displays the data it receives from the datafeed.

Also we have many happy customers using both Esignal and IB.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just re-booted and tried it again and everything looks fine. I have two Quad-core computers with lots of memory so speed is not an issue.

Come to think of it, I've had Esignal instructors complain about being connected to a "bad" tick server when something doesn't work right in a webinar. One of their tech support guys also told me that they recently changed/upgraded their server farm and have had some problems. Not sure what that means but I will probably write an indicator to compare tick times against current time to make sure the data is as close to "real-time" as possible and pop-up alerts if things get out of whack.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Waxavi, 04-19-2024, 02:10 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post gaz0001
      by gaz0001

Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes