Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator not plotting correctly

Hello,

an indicator (3rd Party) that I have to use to be with the room doesn´t plot correctly today (yesterday I dont know, I couldnt compare because room closed).

On Monday after market I did rename the documents\db\sdf file because of charts not working. I did referring instructions from NT-Support.

Today I see the indiocator plotting different values in the y-axis then it should be.

When then NT is started again, does this have impact to the data?

My computer time settings are same as in the room (EST-Time) and in chart "use instrument settings". I´m referring to the ES 09-15.

Thank you
    Tony

Hello tonynt,
    The data can be impacted if you are not getting data from the historical server. To verify this you will go to Tools> Options > Data Tab> Ensure that Get Data from Server if Available is checked.

What indicator is this occurring with?
    In the log tab of the control center do you see any error messages?
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. There is checked the "Get Data from Server if Available".

It´s a 3rd Party Indicator that is working fine for months.

What is interesting is that they told me to check if CME US Index Futures ETH is set with ES.
      This is.
      And to check in session manager the times for CME US Index Futures ETH with 5:00 PM - 4:15: PM. They are also correct.

Question: Why is there below at "session above...based on timezone"
      CST (UTC-6:00)? Is this correct for 5:00 PM - 4:15 PM as filled there per default?

Thank you
      Tony

Comment

Hello,
        The time zone set for the CME US Index Futures ETH is correct as the hours are created based off of the Central Time Zone and the ETH hours for the ES and other CME US Index Futures.
        What are you comparing the values too? Is what you are comparing to using the same settings and data provider as you are?

Comment

Hello,

in session manager there is for CME US Index Futures ETH 5:00 PM - 4:15 PM
          and below "the session above are based..." there is (UTC -06:00) Central Time
          AND on my computer (time Zone EST) there are no pricebars for ES from 4:15 PM - 5:00 PM EST.

??

Thank you for correcting me about the time or time-zones or explanation.

Thank you
          Tony
          Last edited by tonynt; 08-19-2015, 03:13 PM. Reason: clearifiying translation

Comment

Hello,
            Please send me your log and trace files so I may investigate further.
            You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=77354

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply!

I found the issue last night - it was a wrong version from the indicator that was sent to me. But wanted to test it today so that your advice to send the log file came earlier than my OK with the problem.

Sorry for bothering because the issue was on the 3rd party indicator.

Thank you for your support.
              Tony

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post Jonker
              by Jonker