Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How exactly are non-standard timeframes computed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How exactly are non-standard timeframes computed?

Hello,

I'm trying to use NinjaTrade with non-standard timeframes(for example 14 minutes).

I'd like to understand how NinjaTrader computes the bar times for these timeframes.

I see in my 14 minutes EURUSD chart that the time of the first bar is (for example) 16:58, but why is the first bar time 16:58, and not 16:52 or something else?

Is there some exact time in the history from which the bar times are computed for every timeframe?

Or is it counted from the start of imported data?

This would mean that my 14 min bars could be totally different if I'd import history for few more days into the past.

Hello mark5,

The session template determines during what hours it will load data in the chart. You select the session template in the Data Series menu of the chart.

If set to <Use instrument settings>, it will use the session template that is configured for the instrument in the Instrument Manager. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument in question and click Edit. You will now see what session template the instrument by default uses.

You can view the times of each session template in the Session Manager (Control Center-->Tools). It will allow you to create new ones as well. More information regarding the Session Manager can be found at the link below.

When I test a 14 Minute chart for the EURUSD on my end, the first bar starts at 15:14 PM. The EURUSD uses the Forex session template which starts at 5:00 PM US Eastern time. My PC clock is set to US Mountain time zone, so the time of 3:14 PM is as expected.

If the timestamp of the first 14 Minute bar is 16:58 on your end, it would indicate you have a session template selected which starts at 16:44.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    0 responses