Ninja compatible with windows 10 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja compatible with windows 10 ??

Hi wanted to know if i can go ahead and upgrade to windows 10 and will not encounter any problems .

Please advise

thank you

Hi saeed,

Thanks for the post.

While NinjaTrader 7 is not officially supported with Windows 10, we have done basic testing of NinjaTrader 7 with Windows 10 and have not found any issues specific to OS at this time.

To install, .NET 3.5 is required and can be enabled from the Windows Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn windows features on or off -> check the box for .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) -> click OK.

While we do not anticipate issues with the Windows 10 operating system and NinjaTrader 7, we highly appreciate any feed back you have or any information about issues you experience while using NinjaTrader 7 with Windows 10.

Comment

Hi,

I've upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't open NinjaTrader.
      I get the following error message:

Unable to open trade file 'C:\Users\Alex\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\trace\trace20150811.txt': Access to the path 'C:\Users\Alex\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\trace\trace20150811.txt' is denied.

followed by another error message:

Unable to recover NinjaTrader custom dll. Please re-install NinjaTrader: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Alex\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll' is denied.

I've re-installed NinjaTrader twice but I still get the same error messages.

Then I rollback to Windows 8.1 and tried re-installing NinjaTrader but it couldn't find the temp file: tmp52A5.tmp
      Re-installation stopped and I couldn't proceed.

Please advise.
      Thank you.

Regards,
      Alex Ang

Comment

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your post.

To overcome the issue with the .tmp file please take the following steps:

* Click the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Pr...ninstall/en-us
        * Press Run Now and run from location.
        * Once the Fix it Tool has launched, accept the Microsoft terms.
        * Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply -> Once the scan has finished select Uninstalling option.
        * Select NinjaTrader 7 from the list -> Select all check boxes -> Next -> Yes, try uninstall
        * Once complete it will either give a successful message and the utility can be closed out.
        * After the utility has been run and NinjaTrader has been removed, re-download NinjaTrader. http://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle for the solution!

But now and then, the same error messages would appear and I would do an uninstallation and re-installation for NinjaTrader to work again.

I have the same issue with another compueter, a desktop that's already running Windows 10. When I tried to apply the fix with the Microsoft Fix IT to uninstall NinjaTrader, it said Windows 10 is not supported.
          Would appreciate any suggestion.

Comment

Hi alexang,

The Windows Uninstaller is not currently compatible with Windows 10. Here is a link to a Windows 10 compatible fix-it tool:

Revo Uninstaller

Please try this uninstaller and let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

Windows 10 - NinjaTrader 8

Hello,

Could someone please tell me if Windows 10 and NinjaTrader 8 are compatible
              and
              what is the minimum pc requirements to run NinjaTrader 8?

Thank you in advance!

Comment

You can find all the relevant information in the NinjaTrader 8 installation guide:

http://ninjatrader.com/NinjaTrader-8-InstallationGuide

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                  Hi alexang,

The Windows Uninstaller is not currently compatible with Windows 10. Here is a link to a Windows 10 compatible fix-it tool:

Revo Uninstaller

Please try this uninstaller and let me know if the issue persists.
                  When searching for a decent uninstall program, I have looked for Revo Uninstaller, because it seems popular. When installing a software, Revo will record changes that do not belong to the software currently being installed. The result is it will delete files that it should not when uninstalling the software (I have done some tests). This is why they write in their user guide :

IMPORTANT: Please, DO NOT run/start any other setup files, programs or anything else, which could lead to system changes during the installation of a program!

This is virtually impossible to do, as there will always have some background (but not only) processes that will write on some files during the installation. Then they add :

You DO NOT need to stop any already running programs before starting the installation monitoring.

This is definitely false, as my tests have shown. For this reason I have chosen Ashampoo Uninstaller 5 (6 now) that works by looking at the installer process and from there will record only files being changed by this process (or child processes). It is far more secure in my opinion, and it has never deleted files that are not belonging to the software uninstalled. It has its own field of minors problems, but for the important task, it does the job.

Regards,
                  F.
                  Last edited by fpa75; 01-10-2016, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Bidder
                  by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes