Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrews Fork

Hello Ninjatrader,

I would like to have a very smooth transition between the different Fork types when drawing an Andrews Fork. There are Schiff as well as Modified Schiff types, and when I am drawing an Andrews Fork, I want to be able to quickly change throughout these 3 different Fork types when manually assessing which fork works out best for me in the chart.

In Ensign this can be easily done through scrolling the mouse wheel or typing a hotkey on the keyboard, like press 1 for Andrews, press 2 for Schiff and press 3 for Modified Schiff. Once you draw the initial Andrews Fork, you can just change it by a simple click on a keyboard key OR moving the mouse wheel one click, and you instantly see the different fork and can assess its validity on the chart.
    This is a very important feature I need.

Is there a Ninjascript that can handle this much simpler way of navigating through the 3 different Fork types after drawing in the first initial Andrews Fork?

Currently you have to press Ctrl-F8 to draw an Andrews Fork. Then you have to press the right mouse button, choose preferences and then change the fork type by clicking on it and then clicking the Apply button. This is not very optimal and you loose focus on the chart when all the option windows come up instead.

Hope you have a good answer for me!

Here is a video that explains what I mean:
    Last edited by warcious; 07-28-2015, 03:02 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

Currently the only ways to change the type would be through the properties menu of that specific object. Drawing Objects that you draw by hand would be this way.

This item also does not have an overload set to specify the type in script, it would just draw the default.

For these items, I will submit this as a feature request to development to further review this.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      Do you know when this would potentially be implemented?

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately I would not be able to confirm if this will be implemented at all or when if it is.

I have submitted this item to development though so it will be reviewed. We take feature requests and suggestions seriously and make sure they are seen and logged. If this was implemented I would suspect it would be in NinjaTrader 8 or future releases.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post burtoninlondon  
        Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes