The chart keeps getting disarranged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The chart keeps getting disarranged

Hello Iīm having an annoying problem that every time I configure a series of charts the way I want, a couple of days later it gets disarranged and I have to to it all over again. What I do is set a series of volume charts each in one window, with values such as 4000, 6000, 9000, 15000, 24000 and 36000 contracts with 3 to 60 days, respectively, usually with NQ.
    Once I do this, everything works fine, but one or a few days later it gets all messed up.
    It doesnīt open, or it opens but itīs just blank or the chart doesnīt load all the bars filling just the right corner of the chart, even though I didnīt change a thing in the configuration of the charts. I have a default chart with colors (black and white only) and only RTH of the contract, as well as an EMA plotted, which I use for all these charts. Is there a way to plot all these charts, keep them always like this in one workspace and always updated, including when the current contract closes and the new most recent becomes the most actively traded? Thank you.

Hello NeoTrader86,

Are any settings being changed on the charts that have to be changed back?

You mentioned that some charts will not open?

I think you should create a backup so that we can compare the state of the workspace with its previous state and look for what is different.

Changing the instrument on the chart (such as changing the expiry) will not change the charts position or which indicators are applied to the chart. Are you finding the chart position is changing when the instrument is changed?

Below I have provided a link to the Backup & Restore section of our help guide.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p__restore.htm

Please create a backup so that we can compare the changes from the backup.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yesterday, before I opened the thread, I configured the charts again and so far itīs been working well...I checked and I didnīt find any changes in the configuration of the charts that I had to change back, so far... Yes, the charts open but they are blank or partially filled with bars when this happens. Iīll save the backup and if it happens again, Iīll contact you with both backups, this one and the one after the error begins to occur. Is this OK?

Comment

Hello NeoTrader86,

Thank you for confirming this.

The issue appears to be directly related to data and not with any settings or windows in particular with NinjaTrader.

Who is your data provider? (This is indicated in green in the lower left corner of the Control Center)

Comment

I'm using a Demo account. Continuum os what it saya there.

Comment

Hello NeoTrader86,

Are there any error messages in the Log tab of the Control Center?
            If so, what do these say?

If you right-click the chart -> select Reload All Historical Data does this correct the chart?

Comment

Iīd never checked the Log before. Right now, despite the fact that it seems to be working perfectly and it is connected to Continuum, this message appeared twice today: "29/07/2015 17:07:28 Default CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolve: F.US.EP.M15 could not be resolved."
              As for the "Reload Historical chart", Iīd already seen about this possibility going through other threads on the forum and I tried it several times everytime this happened, but it doesnīt work. The charts always stayed the same, either blank or partially filled.

Comment

Hello NeoTrader86,

What expiry are you loading on the chart? (The message says ES 06-15 which has expired and would cause a blank chart. The current expiry is ES 09-15.)

If you right-click the chart is Reload All Historical Data grayed out?

Comment

Thatīs strange...Iīm not even using ES. Iīm using NQ 09-15. One of the times that this happened, I thought this could have been the problem, so I changed the Expiry of the contract and pressed Reload Historical data, but it didnīt work... It changed the chart in a few windows( the ones that were partially filled), but it continued partially filled and in others it didnīt change anything (the blank charts).
                  As for the Reload Historical Data, everytime I clicked it, it was normal, not grayed out. It even appeard "Loading chart..." afterwards, as it normally does, but when it supposedly finnished loading, the problem persisted.

Comment

Hi NeoTrader86,

I'd like to call and assist.

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please add a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Massinisa  
                    Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes