Atm preset startegies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atm preset startegies

Is is possible to have the following ATM Preset Strategies done in the ATM having them be total discretionary, not based on preset price levels put into the ATM. So when I look at a price chart and when I decide to use anyone of these Strategies they would be selected by me with "just a push of a tab(button)"

1) Close and reverse position, meaning close the present open position and immediately open a trade in the opposite direction. But the new reverse position lot amount would be based on a percentage of my operating capital, not a lot figure amount that is put in the software as a preset amount.

2)Close total position that is open presently.

3)Close 1/2 of total position that is open presently.

4) Partial closing of position presently opened. The partial position closing would be done in 1/3rds, breaking the original lot amount into equal lot amounts for each of the 3 partial closings. Meaning if 100,000 units in forex trading were bought than I would partial close in 3 separate times with each partial closing being 33,333 units.

If these ATM Strategies can not be done in the ATM than what would be the best way to do these strategies. Would Strategy Wizard be able to create these 4 Trade Management and than upon my discretion activate them when needed?

Thanks Much!
    Last edited by abikambic; 07-12-2015, 11:12 PM.

Hello abikambic,

1. Unfortunately this is not supported. You can use the REV function, but it will reverse the position using the original quantity. So if you are 6 long and you hit REV, it will put you 6 short. Unfortunately there is no way to reverse it using a different quantity.

2. You can use the CLOSE button for this purpose. It will close the position and cancel any active orders.

3. You would submit a market order in opposite direction for half the position quantity. So if you are 8 short, you would submit a buy market order with a quantity of 4.

4. The same as #3, but you would use a third of the position quantity. Unfortunately there is no button or command that will do this immediately. You will need to submit an order manually.

You could create an automated strategy, but everything will be automated including your entry order.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Much Jason!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post dp8282
      by dp8282