Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

analyzer don't work

Hi,
    I got a problem with the NINJATRADER' analyzer. I got no results after 20 minutes of computing. However when I add the strategy and make it enable in the control panel it seems to generate orders. All the functions I used were used in tutorials and I don't think that it is because of how I generate orders.

Thank you for your help,
    R.E.

Hello snoppss,

Thanks for your questions and welcome to the forums!

What data connection do you use? (shows in the lower left corner of the control panel when you are connected).

For the backtest, what instrument did you select, what dataseries type and value did you use, what was the start and end dates of the analysis period?

Did you follow the tutorial in this section? http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...a_strategy.htm Did you try using the SampleMAcrossover?
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Other issues

Hi Paul,
      Thank you for your answer, it allows me to solve the problem.
      Now I have some other issues using NinjaTrader. I need some help to deal with this.
      First of all, I saw that for some objects we can use the foreach method, which means that you are using the STL. I would like to know then if you use the stl for other data, and especially for the dataseries, which gonna help me when I gonna create my strategies. I want also to know if is it possible to access the data by the STL methods and if it is a vector, list, deque...

I got some other problems, but the one which makes me the most uncomfortable is that I can't use my favorite editor in the developping process. So my question is: can we compile NT files without using the NT application. I can use for example makefiles if possible.

Thank you for your help,
      R.E.

Comment

Hello snoppss,

Thanks for your reply.

Good to hear that the questions asked helped you to resolve your market analyzer issues.

Just an FYI - your other questions would be better posted in a new post/thread in the "General Programming" section. Alternatively you can always write in for answers to your questions to Platformsupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com.

NinjaScript is based on C# not C++ so the Standard Template Library (STL) would not be applicable. In C#, System.Collections and System.Collections.Generic are the closest to the STL.

Here are the specific C++ STL and C# equivalents:

std::vector - List<T>
        std::list - LinkedList<T>
        std::map - Dictionary<Tkey, Tvalue>
        std::set - Dictionary<Tkey, Tvalue> (with null values)
        std::multimap - Dictionary<Tkey, List<Tvalue>>
        std::multiset - Dictionary<Tkey, int> (with int keeping count of the number of Tkeys)

However the NinjaTrader Helpguide would be your best reference on how to access Ninjascript Dataseries items. Here is a link to the helpguide section on dataseries class: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ries_class.htm

I think you will also find the helpguide alphabetic reference to be of value so that you can find what methods already exist and how to use them: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._reference.htm

I'm not sure if Visual Studio is what you are wanting to use but here is a helpguide link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._debugging.htm
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post AaronKoRn  
        Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes