Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT will always "pull" the genuine Account Position from my broker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT will always "pull" the genuine Account Position from my broker?

Hi Ninjas,

One critical aspect for any Strategy is the capability to recover after some connection failure. My Strategy needs to run always with the Account and Strategy positions synced. I've developed a way to manage a connection loss in the Strategy but there's something that I can't still be sure:

Once a reconnected is done and the Strategy begins again, WILL NINJA TRADER "PULL" THE ACTUAL ACCOUNT POSITION FROM MY BROKER IMMEDIATELY AFTER A RECOVERED CONNECTION ?

My doubt is cause I'm not sure how often NT will pull my actual Account Position from my broker, and above all, after a connection loss and recover

Thanks for your attention
    Last edited by pstrusi; 07-05-2015, 03:22 PM. Reason: Better description

What's happening today with the NT support team ? First time I don't get any response to simple questions. I imagine that are in some course or something but I hope hints to my doubt

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post
      What's happening today with the NT support team ? First time I don't get any response to simple questions. I imagine that are in some course or something but I hope hints to my doubt
      Holiday weekend hangover?

On a more serious note, they mentioned pushing for nt8 beta3 early this week.

I suspect they will catch up at some point.

Comment

From my past exp, upon a re-connection the account information is updated at that point in time including any order information that was changed. One way I confirmed this for me was by pulling the Ethernet cable out, see the disconnect and re-plug it back in and have a Print() in my method that was getting the account information when the account event update was called.

Comment

Clever suggestion for quick test but now I'm building an exact tick database and I should not do that, but I'll have it in mind , thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB