Problem with chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with chart

Hi. Today I ran my NT program and I noticed that the data was not plotting properly. The current day high for my instrument, 6E, was 1.1247, the open was 1.1242 and the current day low was 1.1294 but the chart only showed data for the few minutes that had passed since I ran the program as opposed to showing all the data since the start of the session. The dynamic dom seemed to be plotting the data correctly as it showed the correct values of the current open day's high and low. I tried everything to fix this problem from resetting the instruments to repairing and resetting the database. I also tried downloading historical data through the historical data manager. The data did not download. However, the chart still is not plotting properly. The 'Reload all historical data' property on the chart is inactive. Please advise on how to solve this problem.

My datafeed/broker is TopSteptrader via Rithmic. I can receive data for 6E in the control center and superdom. Trying to close the chart and open a new one does not solve the problem. I have not installed any third part indicator's / strategies.

I have attached a screenshot for your reference.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20150629.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20150629.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ATTN: Drew The same problem with ES 09-15

The same problem with ES 09-15
      EXAMPEL from 11-July -2015

Daily Low price = 2044.5
      Daily High price =2074.75

On daily chart: The daily bar plot is Low = 2059.25
      & the High = 2074.75

Originally posted by mbesha View Post
      Hi. Today I ran my NT program and I noticed that the data was not plotting properly. The current day high for my instrument, 6E, was 1.1247, the open was 1.1242 and the current day low was 1.1294 but the chart only showed data for the few minutes that had passed since I ran the program as opposed to showing all the data since the start of the session. The dynamic dom seemed to be plotting the data correctly as it showed the correct values of the current open day's high and low. I tried everything to fix this problem from resetting the instruments to repairing and resetting the database. I also tried downloading historical data through the historical data manager. The data did not download. However, the chart still is not plotting properly. The 'Reload all historical data' property on the chart is inactive. Please advise on how to solve this problem.

My datafeed/broker is TopSteptrader via Rithmic. I can receive data for 6E in the control center and superdom. Trying to close the chart and open a new one does not solve the problem. I have not installed any third part indicator's / strategies.

I have attached a screenshot for your reference.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Oferedry; 07-11-2015, 11:41 AM. Reason: ATTN :Draw

Comment

Hello Oferedry,

This is as expected when connected to CQG. I load the same High and Low for July 10th. I assume you refer to July 10th. July 11th was a Saturday when there is no trading.

When connected to CQG in NinjaTrader, historical daily data is provided in RTH (regular trading hours). So it does not include all trading hours. I assume you expect ETH (electronic trading hours) to be used for daily data. You can workaround it by using 1440 minute charts.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks,
          Got it!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post lightsun47