External Data CSI or Genesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Data CSI or Genesis

I get EOD data from Genesis and CSI data that I would like to use -chart .. can I import it into a chart via the instrument manager.. How do I get the program to see the folders where all this data resides?

Hello,

You can import this data into NinjaTrader if in the proper format. More information can be found in our help guide: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Import.html

Comment

Great - I think .. now if i onlky knew...

Si I need to import it using >Tools>Historical Data> Import after I set it up in the Instrument list.. so I put a symbol in the Symbol List and then when I go to import data Ninja does not see a file to import- suggesting to me that I need to export the data to Ninja and then import it - this I do not know how to do. If I'm right that also imples that everyday I will have to export every contract individually at the end of each day and then reimport it - Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by evanscje View Post
        Si I need to import it using >Tools>Historical Data> Import after I set it up in the Instrument list.. so I put a symbol in the Symbol List and then when I go to import data Ninja does not see a file to import- suggesting to me that I need to export the data to Ninja and then import it - this I do not know how to do. If I'm right that also imples that everyday I will have to export every contract individually at the end of each day and then reimport it - Is that true?

Hello,

You do not need to export data from NinjaTrader. Your database will not have any data for NinjaTrader to export.

You will need to do the following:

- Create an instrument within NinjaTrader. You can do this via the Control Center --> tools --> Instrument Manager --> Click New --> setup instrument.

- Now you can import your historical data. Please note the following needs to happen.
        A) The .txt must be in the correct format.
        B) You need to name the .txt file exactly as the instrument is named in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post GLFX005
        by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
        2 responses