Collapse

Futures Contract Merging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Quick question to NinjaTrader:
      Due to the issue below, my plan is to use TradeStation datafeed into NinjaTrader for charting & trade execution via the DOM with AmpFutures (using ZenFire datafeed).

Am I assuming that this is possible by connecting first to TS & then to ZenFire.

Currently I am using DTN IQ for the charting & Amp Futures for the execution (using ZenFire).

Many thx for the clarification.
      David

Comment

>> Am I assuming that this is possible by connecting first to TS & then to ZenFire.
        correct

Comment

Great - many thanks Dierk.
          I am so reluctant to walk away from NT.
          I really think you guys have a developed a fantastic package backed up with some great support !

please keep up the great work.

David

Comment

hmmm..........

now i have 2 issues:

1/ when I have TS as an 'external data feed' I get the following error message when trying to connect to ZenFire ---

Loging failed: You cannot connect while having an open "External Data Feed" connection...........

2/ I have exported the @YM historical data from TS into Ninja as per your Help guide. I have then imported the data into NT as per your help guide..........however, how do i view the data??? I am still seeing the old data set............

Many thx for your help on both these issues.
            thx
            David

Comment

Reading another post in this forum (trying to use TS data feed & execute via IB) it would appear that I am suffering with the same thing, i.e. I cannot execute a live trade via ZenFire whilst using TS as a data provider.
              Is this the case ??? If so it would suggest that the response I received yesterday................

NinjaTrader_Dierk>> Am I assuming that this is possible by connecting first to TS & then to ZenFire.
              correct

..........is incorrect ??????

If so, this is somewhat disappointing........
              David

Comment

It is correct that you can submit signals from TS via ATI to NT while NT is connected to Zen.

You can not be connected to the "External data feed" and Zen at the same time.

Comment

Dierk:
                  thx .....any comments on the other issue below........

2/ I have exported the @YM historical data from TS into Ninja as per your Help guide. I have then imported the data into NT as per your help guide..........however, how do i view the data??? I am still seeing the old data set............

thx

Comment

Please try deleting your old historical data and then import your new one. That way you are guaranteed to be viewing the new data. You can do this through the Tools->Data menu.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Guys:
                      I am really struggling here as you can probably see from this thread & the support forum emails on the same subject..........I have been advised that if I want this to work I need to do the following:

1/ incorporate TS datafeed into NT to get the continuous contract data that I need.
                      ..........I now find out that I cannot do this if I want to execute via a separate broker ! nowhere does it say this in the Help section..... also, please refer to the response I got on this specific question below.

2/ incorporate the historical YM from TS into NT. I am struggling to understand how to do this! rather than just a one line answer, please could someone give me a step by step guide. I follow all your 'hints' - they don't work! Do I need to map the historical YM ##-## that I have just imported to the YM 06-08 ???? if so, this does not work either.

I am not asking for the world here, no strategy writing, no indicator writing, just how to get accurate YM data into NT & then execute from the DOM. Surely this is fundamental to any platform............

Please please help !
                      thx
                      David

Comment

Originally posted by dgregor5 View Post
                        Dierk:
                        thx .....any comments on the other issue below........

thx

File Name
                        The name of the file must be the instrument name within NinjaTrader. For example:

MSFT.txt for Microsoft
                        ES 12-06.txt for the S&P Emini December contract

Comment

To clarify on 1): You can submit signals from TS to NT and execute at Zen aka "to execute via a separate broker". Meaning your strategy is running in TS (no need to send any live quote data to NT), and TS just sends signals to NT where they are excuted at Zen.

However, you can not connect to "External data feed" and Zen at the same time. But this is not required since there is no need to connect to "External data feed" in order to send ATI signals from TS to NT.

Comment

OK..........done exactly the following:

1/ exported TS data using the process defined in the help manual.
                            2/ renamed file YM ##-##.
                            3/ imported file into NT.
                            4/ opened YM ##-## chart on daily.
                            5/ nothing there.

pls advise what I am doing wrong.

thx
                            David

Comment

- please check your logs
                              - please make sure you are importing/checking the right time frame
                              - please double check that chart time frame matches imported time frame
                              - as last resort try this:
                              * backup your DB
                              * terminate NT
                              * drop your DB
                              * import again
                              -> you should see imported data on chart

Comment

OK - checked a minute chart .........data is there.
                                checked the daily chart........nothing plots.

Exactly the same issue I had somewhere earlier in this post!
                                ........& NT was not willing to investigate the issue since they could not replicate. N.B. there is no such thing as one-off !

Pls advise what I should do.
                                thx
                                David

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aligator  
                                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM