Charts not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not updating

Starting about last Thu charts stopped updating. This is with v6.5.1000.1, connecting to TT. There are some other anomalies that may or may not be related, so here's everything I know:

1) SuperDom windows are functionally fine, but with some P&L inconsistencies (noted in #2).

2) Control Center is fine, except sometimes the limit price field is not populated with the current price when I click in it. It is and remains 0.0, seemingly randomly, and I can't detect any pattern. This may account for bad P&L figures in the SuperDom which seem to be calculated off of a trade price of 0. I can't swear to it, but I'm pretty sure each of these isolated instances of a SuperDom flaw corresponds to a contract with the last/limit price problem in the Control Center.

3) When the charts stop updating, it affects all of them. Disconnecting/Exiting/Reconnecting doesn't help. I've had this happen intermittently with previous versions, but the reconnecting process always fixed it.

4) It seems to be correlated with the laptop going into sleep mode, cutting off the connection. (Yes I know that's not Ninja's fault, but it's happened with previous versions without this happening. In fact, I'm as sure as can be that the intermittent occurences noted above were not triggered by the same circumstance but were always with a fresh opening of the app.)

5) Creating another chart window works fine.

6) The oddest part of all: All my charts were stuck on Thursday. Yesterday morning (Mon) I created some of them new. Today, the laptop went to sleep (the cord fell out and I didn't notice) and when I restarted Ninja, they all reverted to the previous state from Thursday (not where they were this AM, or to any point between then and now, but all the way back to Thursday). The workspace had been successfully saved a couple of times since the new charts were created.

7) There is no 3rd party stuff installed.

That's all I can think of. I do know that there is a new version available, which I'll try to get installed tonight. Hopefully it fixes this issue, but thought I'd make it known in case it doesn't.
    Last edited by tradersdata; 05-06-2008, 12:14 PM. Reason: fix mistakes

Thanks for reporting.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please update to latest 6.5.1000.2 (there are fixed some issues related). Please let us know if issues persist.

>> It seems to be correlated with the laptop going into sleep mode, cutting off the connection.
      Also: Please turn of power saving/sleep mode. There might be an issue related which is our of our control (hardware, OS etc.).

Comment

I'm going to do the upgrade now and will report back with any problems.

As for power management, I've spent too much time trying to figure it out. It's not just me either. It's been a while, but the searches I did returned a lot of similar problems trying to change it (on XP), and no working answers (or they were buried so deep I couldn't find them). I was finally able to disable it when it's on A/C, but these problems occured were when it was on battery without me realizing it, so either way the end result would have been the same. With previous Ninja versions I had this happen without the charts going dead. I'm not disputing that there could be something weird going on beyond your control, especially with Windows, but it did work fine at one time. Any chance there will ever be a Linux or a Mac version? :-)

Comment

Unfortunately we are not planning on a MAC or Linux version.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ZenCortexAuCost