Unable to connect to Forex.com (Gain)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to Forex.com (Gain)

I was able to connect to my practice account using 6.5.1000.1 but after upgrading to xxxxx.2 i get the following error:

5/5/2008 6:14:05 PM|1|2|Gain: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
    5/5/2008 6:14:16 PM|3|2|Gain: Unable to log into the GAIN API. Check user name and password. GAIN error message: "Authentication problem, Do I know you? Perhaps we've not been introduced."(LoginFailed)

I can't tell if this is an NT problem or Forex.com.

Edit: I'm able to connect using Demo mode but last week I could connect to my practice account.
    Last edited by mojotrader; 05-05-2008, 05:48 PM.

It means the user name/password combination you have entered for the GAIN connection is not correct.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      It means the user name/password combination you have entered for the GAIN connection is not correct.
      I log into Gain's platform using the same name/password that I use with NT. As I indicated in my OP, NT version 6.5.1000.1 worked with Gain but after installing 6.5.1000.2 it stopped.

Comment

Please remove your GAIN account connection and set it up again. Please make sure you apply correct user/pwd.

If issue persists: Please contact your GAIN broker for resolution on that error message.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          Please remove your GAIN account connection and set it up again. Please make sure you apply correct user/pwd.

If issue persists: Please contact your GAIN broker for resolution on that error message.
          I've tried several times and also contacted Forex.com regarding my connection problems. Although I was able to connect to my practice account with the prior version (6.5.1000.1), forex.com indicated I could only connect NT to live accounts.

At this point, I'm going to abandon the forex.com/NT combo evaluation as I have no desire to be caught between two venders cliaming their products work together.

I hope this eval issue can be resolved in the future. The charting packages offered by forex.com and most other forex vendors places the retail trader at a significant disadvantage with their limited/controlled view of their market.

The NT/forex combo is an ideal solution for me but without a chance to eval the combination, I have to move on.

Thanks,
          ~mojo

Comment

Could you please mail me your practice account credentials to "dierk AT ninjatrader DOT com"? I wanted to see what's going on there. Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse