ESignal Forex: Limit to one bank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESignal Forex: Limit to one bank?

ESignal's forex feed is a composite of something like 200 banks and data sources. You can fix it to single bank, by adding @xxx where xxx is the acronym for the bank. For example, to get AUDJPY from just Citibank New York, you could use "AUDJPY@CN A0-FX" And, I can set the go into the Instrument Manager and configure it like so.

I connect simultaneously to MBT and to Esignal, where I get historical from ESignal. Making that change would seem to be a benefit of increasing speed of update and decreasing noise. I suppose one drawback would be if for some reason the one bank I select is wildly off other banks for some reason at some point or another. But, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the benefit outweights the drawback. Is there anything I might be missing?

Now, assuming that the basic idea is good, what bank is a good match for MBT, as in, is usually fairly close to MBT's prices? I've done just a little playing with some of the bank choices, and CN seemed to be fairly good, though, I'd be open to other suggestions. Thanks.

Unfortunately I nor anyone on the team would be able or qualified to provide an answer on that.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Unfortunately I nor anyone on the team would be able or qualified to provide an answer on that.
      I can understand that, as no bank is guaranteed to give the same price as any other bank. I guess I'd just like to know if you know of other customers using that kind of configuration, limiting eSignal's datafeed to one bank? And, of any other Ninja users who may be reading this thread to post their results with this. Thanks.

Comment

I don't but as you said, hopefully some other users will chime in.

Comment

Speedie6, I'm just getting connected to MBT through Ninjatrader and it looks like I'll need to subscribe to Esignal to get consistent data.

I just looked quickly at the Esignal site and couldn't find what I've seen referred to as their GTIS feed...is that right?

I'll be interested to see if someone can relate to you their experience with matching MBT's feed with just one of Esignal's banks.

Comment

Originally posted by Poocher View Post
            Speedie6, I'm just getting connected to MBT through Ninjatrader and it looks like I'll need to subscribe to Esignal to get consistent data.

I just looked quickly at the Esignal site and couldn't find what I've seen referred to as their GTIS feed...is that right?

I'll be interested to see if someone can relate to you their experience with matching MBT's feed with just one of Esignal's banks.
            Yes, you need a historical data vendor. ESignal is of course the biggest, but, you have other choices. So, if you do go with ESignal, go the their esignalcentral site, and search for forex format contributors, and you should get to their page where they list their 200 or so contributors to the forex feed.

Having all those contributors is good and bad. So, its up to you to see what you like. Ninja's default is to use the composite. But, you can configure Ninja to use a specific contributor. On that page, you'll actually find there are several choices for GTIS, there is GTIS Americas, London, Tokyo, etc. The acronym for GTIS Americas is NAGT. So, if that is what you wished to configure NinjaTrader to use, you would change the ESignal symbol from, say, "AUDCAD A0-FX" to "AUDCAD@NAGT A0-FX". Same for the rest of the pairs.

Now, as far as which single contributor would be a "best match" for MBT, I don't know. That was what I was trying to find out. That might be something that MBTrading might answer. But, they might not want to answer it either, I don't know.

Comment

Thanks for the great info Speedie6!!!

I could tell you had already gone the route I'm starting so I've already read all your posts and that's answered even more questions I had.

If you decide to ask MB Trading about which bank might most closely match their feed I'd suggest starting with Justin the originator of this thread at FF:

Share ideas, debate tactics, and swap war stories with forex traders from around the world.

He might confide in you through emails and even phone conversations what he wouldn't in a public forum...then...ummmm...if you'd be so kind to pass on any and all secret info ya get that you did't swear to keep secret.

Comment

I just sent MBT an email to their support to see if they have an answer.

EDIT: If I don't get a good answer, I'll try contacting Justin
                Last edited by Speedie6; 05-05-2008, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I just got a response from MBT. They say their ECN is 3D Forex, which is "@TDFX" on Esignal. I haven't tested it yet, I'm curious as to whether it makes a significant difference in chart populating. But, I think it will. I'll post back after I've tested it some more.

Comment

Good job gettin' the info out of 'em

Look forward to hearing what you think of the data.

Comment

Well, at least for speed, it didn't make any difference. If I retrieve 45 days historical data, it takes about 15 seconds on my DSL whether I use "JPY A0-FX" or "JPY@TDFX A0-FX". Which truthfully is pretty fast, other platforms are slower. Still, I thought that I could boost it even more by limiting to one bank and I guess I was wrong.

Still, I'll probably keep using the @TDFX just so that my charts are based on the same values as the MBT realtime data.

Comment

Thanks for that info, was looking for it as well!

Ninjatrader_Ray: Is the new released version has a fix for the bug that prevented me to connect to MBT FX and Esignal (Futures & FX)?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ryker View Post
                          Ninjatrader_Ray: Is the new released version has a fix for the bug that prevented me to connect to MBT FX and Esignal (Futures & FX)?

I thought I heard that it was supposed to.

Comment

Ryker, yes.

Comment

Great! Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes