Price Bars Over Indicator Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Bars Over Indicator Lines

I am finding that with a couple of SMA's, a couple of Keltner Channels and a pair of Bollinger Bands that the price bars are appearing a bit overwhelmed by all of these lines in the price panel. Any way to arrange it so that the pricebars appear on top of these indicator lines instead of underneath, perhaps by rearranging the order of each of the plots and making the price bars plot last?

Take a look at the 'CandleClear' indicator on page one of the indicator file sharing section. If you place it as the last indicator it will plot the CandleSticks above any other indicator lines. I don't know of a solution for other bar styles.

Description
    This is an indicator that attempts to correct several things I hear people complaining on the forum they can't do with candle sticks.

1. If you have too many indicators on the chart and can't see the candles / prices any more. Note for this to work you need to add this indicator last in your list of added indicators.

2. If you want your candles to be strictly OHLC which by default on NT they are not.

3. If you want a thicker wick on your candles. You need to change the default input parameter for this to work.

4. If you have changed your chart background colour but can't work out what to set the wick colour to, this will automatically set the border/wick colour for you.

I would post a screenshot, but the idea is it looks just like normal candle sticks, taking on the up/down colour settings in properties, but with these added features or 'properties'.

Comment

Many thanks Elliott Wave for pointing this out and to Gumphrie for taking the time to put this useful indicator together. Charts look a lot better.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ZenCortexAuCost