New Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Computer

I'm getting a new computer. Can I, (and how if yes),import atm strategies as well as chart templates from my present computer?

Ashish

You can try using the NinjaTrader backup tool on your current PC and use the restore tool on your new PC. I am not sure if it saves ATMs but I will confirm/deny that for you.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

And what is with the trade history? Is it transferable?

Support Team told me only to transfer the *.mdb file in the db folder, but there are no data?

Where else are the trades stored?

Comment

Trades would be saved in the database so backing up your database should also save your trade history.

Comment

I realized my problem, I have to use the database in the "Dokuments and Settings" Folder not in the normal NT folder

Comment

I trade from three pc's at this time; home, work and laptop when traveling. Is there anyway to merge all of the databases or at least merge the new data from one pc to the other three. What I am trying to do is keep the database info the same on all three making it easier at tax time.
            Jaime

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported at this time.

Comment

Problem fixed but further idea?

Already solved the problem, but anyway it would be good if I could update my database file in "every" computer automatically.

To explain, ( the same as jpflores )

I also place orders on my office PC, on my Laptop, and our "Controller" if I am abroad, places orders.

So if I open or close a position on one computer, I have to update every computer.

So my suggestion would be to update or syncronize this db file everytime anybody starts his computer.

Any suggestions how to do this? The question is more a general IT then a NT question, but if somebody is familiar with both it would be nice.
                Last edited by pmmkm; 06-05-2008, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Well if you are not trading from more than one computer at a time you can export/import the db at the end of each session. Other than that it is unsupported as Dierk mentioned.

Comment

I thought that login with 2 PC at the same time is not possible?

What I mean is a synchronisation like a exchange server where I can update these files automatically.

Comment

>> What I mean is a synchronisation like a exchange server where I can update these files automatically
                      unfortunately this is not supported

Comment

Originally posted by pmmkm View Post
                        I thought that login with 2 PC at the same time is not possible?

What I mean is a synchronisation like a exchange server where I can update these files automatically.
                        The only thing I was able to find that would help is on this trend:http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...utionsTab.html

The only problem is we are only able to update it one trade at a time. I trade about 18 - 25 trades a day so this would be time consuming but a workaround for now. It does also mention on that trend that this suggestion will be considered for the next version of NT. So keep your fingers crossed. Let me know if this helps.

Comment

may you consider for future updates, too...

Hi Dierk,

it would also be fine to consider for a possible future update that data,... etc. could be merged between different computers. This would make it possible to trade different markets on different workstations and for analysis or case of changing mind having all together.
                          I´m not already through with running on a server thing

Thanks
                          c

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                            Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                            6 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post ScottWalsh