Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

volume bar no-show, and reload failed

See attached pic. Two problems:
    1) Sometimes "Reload All Historical Data" doesn't work---the chart just gets stuck at "Loading Data" and never finishes. Why does this happen, and how to fix this?

2) The reason I tried to reload the data was because there was a volume bar missing (see attached pic). This happens frequently with Ninjatrader, and it can be frustrating. Why do volume bars just randomly not show properly on a chart? How to fix this?

Thanks,
    Tasuki
    Attached Files

Hello Tasuki,

Unfortunately, I am not sure why it gets stuck on loading historical data on your end. Do you notice any consistencies between the occurrences?

Can you please disconnect your data feed and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab, click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if charts will get stuck upon loading historical data.

If the issue remains, please exit NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check again.

If you click your middle mouse button on the daily bar in question, how much volume is reported? Could it be it is very low, so the volume bar is not visible? What date is listed for the daily bar in question?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Jason. Well, I just logged into NT this morning, and that volume bar is right back where it should be. So, I'm pretty mystified. To answer your question, this phenomenon of missing volume bars does seem to happen only on certain commodities, and Nat Gas is perhaps the prime offender, but I don't know why. Pity, because NG is a fascinating market to trade (if you've got light feet and a strong stomach).
      Thanks for the tip on "repair DB". I only knew about "Reload All Historical Data." Next time this happens, I'll give the former a try! Who knows, maybe it'll solve both problems.
      Cheers,
      Tasuki

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Graci117, Today, 09:02 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 07:55 PM
      0 responses