Ninja trader 6.5 taking all my PC's resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja trader 6.5 taking all my PC's resources

I've been running 6.5 no problems on my laptop, however i have just bought myself a new desktop PC and have been having some issues.

Everything is going fine then it seems after awhile, like an hour or so it starts taking up more and more of my systems resources. At one point it i clocked it using 300,000k data where is on my laptop it will never use more than 100,000. Im using a decent system aswell i.e. a 2x2.8ghz processor with 512mb video memory and 4 gb ram.

This is really starting to frustrate me as its lagging out all my charts , its like im running ninja on an old 486 lol. I do have about 5 charts up at one time and do use various different indicators but it seems to have no trouble performing on my laptop, when it has no where near the specs of my PC.

Anyone got any ideas???

Depending on the type of charts you have NinjaTrader will use the required resources to support those charts. Especially if you are using tick or volume charts. It can add to a lot of resources needed.

Please see this article:
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'd probably blame it on MSFT. Advanced GET from 1999 can load a ridiculous amount of instruments with every indicator in milliseconds (on my computer) so I assume its a 'platform issue' more than a 'developer competence issue'. There could be a performance trade-off from the open nature of the platform as well, but I hope with NT7 and .NET 3.5 support there are performance improvements.

Originally posted by Macca1 View Post

Anyone got any ideas???

Comment

I seem to be having similar performance issues too, I'm using 12 tick charts and task manager is showing that only 50% of my dual core is being used, and utilising only 1 gb of the available 2 gb ram aswell.
        Can I somehow ´force ´my pc to devote all it's resources to NT ?
        thanks, Phil.

Comment

Possibly but I am not a PC/Windows expert to know how to do this.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hmmmmm i too need to be running alot of graphs most of the time, as i trade on 6 screens. Think im just going to upgrade to 10gb of ram hopefully this will sort it out.

Comment

Likely makes no difference, since any win32 process can not use more than ~1.5 GB of memory. Please consult the relevant MS docs for details (don't have a link at hand though).

Comment

There have been pretty big changes from .NET 2.0 to 3.5 especially in terms of how graphics are rendered (WPF).

Is NT7 being developed to take advantage of WPF?

If so, that alone could bring significant performance improvements.

Comment

We will make NT7 announcements as appropriate.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ZenCortexAuCost