Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How and when does NT decide whether it needs to request historical data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How and when does NT decide whether it needs to request historical data?

Hello,

How and when does NT decide whether it needs to request historical data? If I choice to store realtime bar data, does it mean those OHLC data built from realtime streaming data would be permanently merged into historical data database unless I click "Reset DB" to clear any historical data saved on local harddisk?

- Clearpicks

Hi Clearpicks,

It will decide to request historical data if you open up a new chart that requests historical data. If the specified time frame of the historical data is not located in the database, it will request the data from the data feed you are connected to.

Correct, if you would reset your database, you will lose all saved chart data in the database.

More information can be found in the link below.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 04-29-2008, 08:46 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

What do you mean by "It will decide to request historical data if you open up a new chart that requests historical data"? Do you mean when I click "Reload Historical Data" from the pop out menu after clicking the right mouse button?

If I choice to store realtime bar data, does it mean those OHLC data built from realtime streaming data would be permanently merged into historical data database? Or those bars built from realtime streaming data only used within the same session untill NT is shutdown?

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hi Clearpicks,

It will decide to request historical data if you open up a new chart that requests historical data. If the specified time frame of the historical data is not located in the database, it will request the data from the data feed you are connected to.

Correct, if you would reset your database, you will lose all saved chart data in the database.

More information can be found in the link below.
      http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html

Comment

You can remove the part in red, he just meant open a chart which of course requests historical data.

If you are connected to a provider that supports historical data, there is no reason to enable "Store real-time bar data". This option is only of value for users who don't have access to a historica data server and want to store the real-time data as bar data in their local database.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So for Interactivebrokers, I should disable "Store Realtime Data", right?

Comment

Yes you can do that.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Max238
            by Max238