market replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

market replay

I have confirmed in historical data manager I have tick data for all of april so far. I brought up market replay for trade date 4/10 and dates 4/8 and 4/9 do not appear on my tick chart. If the data is definitely on my machine, why is NT not displaying it?

thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

This is to be expected, as Historical Data and Market Replay data are fundamentally different and are formatted very differently. Market Replay may be acquired by downloading it using the Download Replay Data tool, found from the Control Center under File -> Utilities -> Download Replay Data.

This will be addressed with NinjaTrader 8, which will work to close the gap between Replay and Historical data.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader,

I was wondering - is it possible to place a trade (via an indicator or somehow) directly on a chart with historic data?
      For example, I want to do Market Replay, and while the replay happens, I want to place trades on the chart, and get stats at the end of my replay session.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

You can absolutely place trades with Market Replay using Chart Trader. When connected to the Market Replay Connection, you will be able to place trades to the Replay101 account. You can then view this account's performance in the Account Performance tab of the Control Center.

Comment

Hi Drew,

Thanks for your fast answer. One other question re market replay:

1) Let's say I've downloaded 3 months' worth of replay tick data (let's say from 1st of Jan 2015 to 1st of April 2015) and I would like to show in the chart 1.5 months and replay the second half of the data. I don't see an easy way of displaying the first 1.5 months of tick data in the chart. If I set the Replay time-frame from 1st of Jan to 1st of April and move the cursor to half, it won't display the first 1.5 months interval in the chart. Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

When creating the chart, how many days of backed data were requested?

Comment

My data-series settings are: 100-Tick, 50-Days back. End date is grayed out to the date where replay cursor is set.
              Regardless of how many back-days I request (I even tried with custom range: 1st of Jan to 15th of Feb) and regardless of where I move the play-back cursor, I cannot get more than one day (current day where play-back cursor is) on the chart.
              Of course, if I let the playback running, the information will add-up to the chart. Nonetheless, if I move the cursor again with my mouse, I lose any previous days.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20150504.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20150504.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

info sent

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
                  Hello,

Thanks for your note.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20150504.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20150504.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
                  Info provided.
                  Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Anfedport